Buckboard Bacon

Salmonclubber
Beginner
Beginner

Buckboard Bacon

Post by Salmonclubber » Sat May 21, 2011 17:55

Hello Everyone

I made a 7 pound Buckboard Bacon I used a 7 pound boned out pork butt and Hi Mtn seasoning's Buckbopard bacon cure this stuff is great I rubbed the butt with cure and placed into the fridge for 10 days actually it was 12 days got busy doing other stuff I turned the butt every other day after 12 days of curing I rinsed the butt and soaked it in cold fresh water for 1 hour then placed it in the smoker at 225 and smoked with Cherry when the bacon reached a temp of 140 I pulled it let sit over night and sliced in the morning for breakfast some really good stuff it is really good on a cheese burger

http://shop.himtnjerky.com/online/home.php?cat=252

jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Sat May 21, 2011 20:02

Wow that looks good :grin: Please post the complete recipe if you don't mind! My Hamburger is waiting and so is that omlete :mrgreen:
Thanks in advance,
John
Salmonclubber
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Salmonclubber » Sat May 21, 2011 22:24

John
i used a pre mixed cure from hi mtn seasoning check the link in the post
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun May 22, 2011 03:27

Great lookin' stuff Salmonclubber!
Hey, have you made capicola yet? Terrific eatin' too.
Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Spare ribs

Post by ssorllih » Sun May 22, 2011 14:43

I have a rack of spare ribs that i want to eat next weekend. I have a few recipes but am not thrilled with any of them. I need an outstanding prep. Thanks.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 23, 2011 02:54

Ross,
Try this one:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4820

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon May 23, 2011 04:05

Looks promising. Thank you. Ross
Ross- tightwad home cook
Finley52

Post by Finley52 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 05:53

I've been making Canadian Bacon for about a year now. It's easy, not fast, but easy. Beside that it is GOOOOOODD and a fraction of the cost of the store bought stuff.

When I found some other folks were making "Buckboard Bacon" I had to try it. Start with a Boston Butt, cut out the bone and then slice the butt into two flat halves, or just leave it whole. I liked the two halves style because it would cure without injection and probably faster, too.

I used one Tbs of Morton Tender Quick per pound and the same of Brown Sugar, rubbed it in well, bagged each of the halves in a heavy zip-lock and put it into the fridge for a week, turning it each day. Then, after seven days i soaked it for about three hours to pull out the extra salt cure, let it dry and then into the smoker till it was 150 degrees.

All I can say is.........THIS STUFF IS SIMPLY AMAZING. I like it sliced thin and crisped up in the iron fry pan. If you all were here i'd give you each a tiny tiny bite......it's that good. Well, actually, you might get a full slice if you helped me with some yard work.