maple cured pork wrapped roulade

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

maple cured pork wrapped roulade

Post by ssorllih » Wed Dec 21, 2011 04:46

Here is the plan. I want to prepare an Easter dinner around a roulade made by taking the center section of a pork loin and unrolling it like a scroll about a half inch thin. Then cure that piece of meat with salt and cure#1 and maple syrup. While that is happening I want to prepare a sausage filling for the cured pork that will at one time contrast and compliment both the pork and the sausage. I have some ideas but I would love some suggestions. I promice to take pictures and report the results. I will also extend a welcome to any that show up for dinner. PM me for directions and address.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Wed Dec 21, 2011 18:55

Hi Ross,

That sounds like something divine coming.
As a youngster my mother made the German style "roladen", made from Beef wrapped around bacon and other ingredients that I do not know.

In your case it's the inverse with cured Pork on the outside. I once made a fresh Pork loin stuffed with ground Lamb, Garlic and Rosemary. I thought it was very good, to me Pork and Lamb combined in one meal always compliment each other.

Does that sound like something for a suggestion?
Ron
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Wed Dec 21, 2011 19:25

Wow, sounds excellent Ross. How about an apple sausage? Momma always feeds me apple sauce with my pork chops. :mrgreen:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Dec 21, 2011 21:03

I have some venison that would substitute for the lamb, I could add slightly dried apples and use cider instead of water. There are posibilities here. Thanks
Ross- tightwad home cook