Bubba's Kassler Ham

Smokin Don
User
User

Bubba's Kassler Ham

Post by Smokin Don » Sat Nov 24, 2012 21:47

I am new here and found the site searching for Kassler Ham. I used Bubba's recipe for a Kassler ham on Thanksgiving. I saw in a post someone was wondering where he had been lately. Where ever you are thanks for the recipe Bubba! I thought it turned out great, a good ham taste, not too salty and made some great ham on rye sandwiches. Here are some photos of my cook. I smoked it on my Traeger pellet smoker, used Traeger oak pellets and supplemented some apple wood smoke with an amazin tube smoker.

After one hour of smoke

At 150 IT and ready to pull

Ready to rest

Slicing the ham

My Thanksgiving plate

Smokin Don
I am not aging, just marinating!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 22:27

Hey, hey Don! How are you going to beat ham on rye? :mrgreen: You've really got a nice color on that gorgeous piece of pork. Nice goin' pal.
Our pal Bubba had to move from South Carolina to Brookwood, Alabama. He's a bachelor and maintains a beautiful house, does his own cooking, and works for a large corporation. He's got three grown girls and some beautiful grandchildren. I believe Bubba just plain ran out of time in his busy schedule. We all love the guy and hope is is doing well. I've got his number and will let him know we miss the big lug!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D