Lamb Offal

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jul 18, 2011 02:27

There is a local butcher shop that has a killing floor. I can buy pork trimming from them. They custom butcher and keep the offal and trimming and they buy some live animals also.
Someday I will ask if they have jowls. A friend has offered me some lamb liver when he slaughters some lambs this fall. Then liver sausage time happens.
Ross- tightwad home cook
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Jul 18, 2011 14:45

I've never had lamb liver, but when we process goats each year I save the liver from them. Until now I had not thought of using it in sausage since it goes so well with some onions and brown gravy... :mrgreen:

As for jowls, down here in Texas they are easy to come by, not sure about Mary Land, but you might look for a market that caters to Hispanics or other cultures, they sometimes carry a good assortment of "other" cuts of meat.

Charlie
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jul 18, 2011 16:55

lambs liver is slightly sweet and pleasant to eat in small pieces raw. Very mild taste.
Ross- tightwad home cook
shagger

lambs liver

Post by shagger » Sat Nov 10, 2012 07:51

Yo. In Australia we call lambs liver "lambs fry". It has a very subtle taste & is great with onion gravy & mashed spud. Only cook lightly & slightly pink inside.