Liver Mush

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Mar 20, 2013 15:45

years ago We had a cat that loved raw chicken livers but Nancy and I also love cooked chicken liver. Usually I let the cat have the livers but one night we decided to eat them. I fried them and we enjoyed them with one leftover which i gave to the cat. He smelled of it and looked at me as if to ask what in the world I had done to it and walked away.
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Mar 20, 2013 18:10

"Maybe we should try to pin the blame on our parents."

I knew it, it's all my mom's fault! She used to make liver and onions about once a year and my parents seemed to love it, I couldn't be forced to swallow one bite. My hunting and fishing partner of over 35 years will order a liverwurst sanny almost anywhere we go, I don't even like looking at his sandwich. I eat just about everything tho for me kidneys and liver are out, period. I probably wouldn't be real enthusiastic about having to eat brains either, or a pancreas, or even a spleen. Years ago at hunting camp I tried cooking up some coyote a couple of different ways, nobody got a bite of that down either. :mrgreen: RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Mar 20, 2013 19:58

My younger son asked me if we still eat chicken liver. And I said yes. He said "i thought you just fixed it to punish us".
Ross- tightwad home cook