Salceson Delikatesowy – Deli Style Headcheese

redzed

Salceson Delikatesowy – Deli Style Headcheese

Post by redzed » Tue Dec 12, 2023 04:35

Image Image

Salceson Delikatesowy – Deli Style Headcheese.
This is a deli style salceson (head cheese stuffed into a casing) made with 2 large ham hocks, 2 beef tongues and additional defatted pork skins. Meats were cured in an 8% brine for 7 days, rinsed with cold water, and soaked in fresh water overnight. The tongues and hocks were gently simmered nearly 3 hours and the skins went in for the last hour. Meats were then partially cooled, bones removed from hocks and the skin off the tongues. The meat was cut/cubed into1cm(1/3 inch) pieces, considerably smaller than in traditional salcesons. Skins were chilled and ground through a 3mm plate. Seasoned with pepper, ground caraway, all spice, and fresh chopped garlic. Broth used in the final product was defatted and clarified. Approximately 200ml of broth and 30ml of white vinegar was added to each kg. of cooked meat and mixed well with the spices. The remaining broth was saved and will be added to sausage instead of plain water. Since I wanted to be able to use my slicer, I added a couple packets of gelatin to make sure I would get a very firm jelly. Stuffed into waterproof synthetic casings the salcesons were poached poached in water for 90 minutes at 80C(176F). Chilled with cold water, and rested overnight in the fridge. Absolutely delicious!

Posted earlier in FB group, Polish Sausage Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/564056007388967