Shotgun Red's Pickled Fish

User avatar
Butterbean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 04:10
Location: South Georgia

Post by Butterbean » Fri May 18, 2018 03:12

Thanks for the replies on this.
K98 AL
User
User
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 15:43
Location: Oklahoma

Post by K98 AL » Fri May 18, 2018 15:42

About all I ever do is catfish - y'all think that'd work? I know catfish are supposed to be fattier, maybe try some perch filets?
MatterOne
User
User
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 03:02
Location: SE Wisconsin

Post by MatterOne » Thu May 24, 2018 11:10

I started a pound of tilapia on Sunday. I'll report back on the results this coming coming Sunday.
User avatar
Butterbean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 04:10
Location: South Georgia

Post by Butterbean » Thu May 24, 2018 14:07

K98 AL wrote:About all I ever do is catfish - y'all think that'd work? I know catfish are supposed to be fattier, maybe try some perch filets?
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I am hoping to get some large flatheads and try them just because they have so much flesh.

MatterOne, I can't wait to hear your review. I hope you like it.
MatterOne
User
User
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 03:02
Location: SE Wisconsin

Post by MatterOne » Tue May 29, 2018 00:31

Butterbean wrote:MatterOne, I can't wait to hear your review. I hope you like it.
At first, I wasn't really impressed, but it's grown on me. Kind of addictive. And definitely better than the pickled herring from the deli.
User avatar
Butterbean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 04:10
Location: South Georgia

Post by Butterbean » Tue May 29, 2018 15:55

MatterOne wrote:
Butterbean wrote:MatterOne, I can't wait to hear your review. I hope you like it.
At first, I wasn't really impressed, but it's grown on me. Kind of addictive. And definitely better than the pickled herring from the deli.
It is addictive isn't it!? I've had several people asking for more. One guy liked it so much he offered to trade a quart of homemade whiskey for a quart of pickled fish. The whiskey is really good and I think I got the better end of the trade. :mrgreen:
Post Reply