Smoker Bags

steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Smoker Bags

Post by steelchef » Tue Nov 16, 2010 08:48

My son stumbled on to a product, a couple of years ago, which has been a huge addition to our family's winter delight. They are "Smoker Bags," made by,

http://www.cameronscookware.com/Smoker% ... %2010.aspx

When it's too cold to use the smoker and you have a need to smoke up some fish, pork chops, vegy's or whatever. Load your choice into one of these bags, and toss it in the oven. An effective exhaust fan is required. Alternatively, put it on the BBQ. We use these frequently around the Christmas season, to smoke fresh caught walleye or sometimes, jumbo shrimp. They come in Hickory, Mesquite and Alder. We also carry these in the motorhome where setting up a Little Chief can be a pain the *ss.

They are basically a large aluminum foil pouch with wood chips built into a perforated surface, in the bottom. The position is embossed in the foil so that you can't miss getting the right side up, or down, depending on your take on things.

Hope some of you can enjoy these convenient, mini-smokers.

The label says that they are, "Made in Finland."
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 13:23

A smoking bag?
Geeeeezzzzeeee!
I had one of those "smoking bags"... but I divorced her about twenty years ago! :wink:
Yes, yes, yes... I just kept missing my ex-wife... but my aim is getting better each day!
See ya'll tomorrow, if lightning doesn't strike me!
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Trosky
User
User

Post by Trosky » Tue Nov 16, 2010 15:24

Now that's modern technology when you want smoked food just pop it in the oven and "BAM" all done.