marinated turkey leg

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

marinated turkey leg

Post by ssorllih » Tue Apr 05, 2011 03:07

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k48 ... ew0006.jpg

One turkey leg marinated in soy sauce, black bean sauce a little lemon juice and a little olive oil. 14 pound bird 11 pieces about 2 ounces each.
Ross- tightwad home cook
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Fri Apr 08, 2011 07:22

Awesome Ross!

Your use of the drumstick is a wonderful idea. No one in our family likes the 'dark meat' so I always remove the legs and wings for other purposes. (It also allows a more uniform cooking time and result for the bird.) I have several packs of smoked turkey and chicken legs, thighs and wings in the freezer. Your suggestion will provide another variation to our menu,
Thanks!
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41

I used the entire leg drumsitck and thigh. it was slightly frozen so that cutting was almost too easy. I have never under stood some folk's aversion to dark meat in poultry.
Ross- tightwad home cook
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Fri Apr 08, 2011 18:56

ssorllih wrote:. I have never under stood some folk's aversion to dark meat in poultry.
It's a visual I believe. I can put dark meat in soups, stews, salads, stir fries etc. and no one notices. If they do I claim soy sauce staining and they wolf it down.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.