Brined Turkey

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Nov 27, 2011 04:00

John ,maybe between now and Christmas I will come up with some new I ideas. I think that i have posted most of my good stuff. I do like to make mincemeat and some where here i posted a recipe for venison mincemeat. That is just the start, then you make a large recipe of pie pastry and make mincemeat turnovers. They freeze well.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 06:57

Partycook wrote:
...the other was chuckwagon's "smoke n' choke brined and smoked version, 25 lbs. . Needless to say CW's recipe won the taste test hands down. Regular brined recipe didn't even get one vote! Once again hats off to CW.
Wow! I am speechless :shock: John, you just made my entire weekend! Thank you for the nice words. This is what make it all worth it to me. Thank you my friend. I am just elated that my recipe was successful for you. My best wishes to you and your family, and again... Thank you!

Your Ol' Salty Bowlegged Pal,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 16:07

When I brined my turkey I cut the salt down to 1/2 cup as I thought the brine was strong tasting. The full cup of salt would of been fine as it turned out. My wife did like it and did not add salt to her plate. My son and I added salt.

Dick
Dick

Never quit learning!
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Thu Dec 01, 2011 14:53

OleBull wrote: I didn't like the waterlogged, funky texture you sometimes get from wet brining. To each his own! YMMV!
I wonder if this would be caused from too long a time in the wet brine?

Dick
Dick

Never quit learning!
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Thu Dec 01, 2011 16:19

I will try this to see the difference. Thanks.

Dick
Dick

Never quit learning!