8 Smoked Chickens

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14

Beauty-ous! Oh, I know that's not a real word? Well, it should be! :wink: Nice work! They are gorgeous... and beauty-ous too!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sat Feb 23, 2013 14:22

They look perfect!
Reading this made me decide to try the 7up recipe as well, last night I was comparing prices of whole birds in the local Supermarket.
Ron
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 15:48

CW's recipe definitely imparts a unique flavour on the chicken. The white meat was one of the most succulent and tasty I have ever eaten. And I'm not normally a fan of white meat! The skin turned quite hard and leathery but served well to keep the bird moist and it's probably not that good for you anyway. It's a great variation in preparing poultry, especially if you are bored with a basic roast chicken.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Feb 23, 2013 17:54

Boy howdy Red, those birds look great! First time I've ever seen a chicken on a balance beam, they gonna try for the Olympic team? Your right about the breast meat and the skin, the meat stays nice and juicy, the skin makes Booboo Dog wag her tail. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”