Rolla Pulsa (Rullepolse)

charcoal junkie
Beginner
Beginner

Rolla Pulsa (Rullepolse)

Post by charcoal junkie » Sat Dec 24, 2016 23:51

Merry Christmas everyone! I am looking for a recipe for Rolla Pulsa. I havent been able to find anything with my internet searching. I am looking for a recipe for smoked beef Rolla Pulsa. All i can find is recipes for recipes that are boiled, steamed, or baked. Thanks in advance
Last edited by charcoal junkie on Wed Dec 28, 2016 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
jens49
User
User

Re: Rolla Pulsa

Post by jens49 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 13:22

charcoal junkie wrote:Merry Christmas everyone! I am looking for a recipe for Rolla Pulsa. I havent been able to find anything with my internet searching. I am looking for a recipe for smoked beef Rolla Pulsa. All i can find is recipes for recipes that are boiled, steamed, or baked. Thanks in advance
Sorry you are looking for something that doesn't exist. Rulle poelse is made of pork belly. I have a good recipe for that one which I would gladly share. You are looking for smoked beef...
Happy holidays
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Dec 26, 2016 17:21

There seems to be different variations, some use all pork belly and others a beef - pork combo. None seem to be smoked. You could add smoking to the process before or after poaching or baking to finish to add a smoke flavor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rullep%C3%B8lse

jens49. It would be great if you could post the traditional recipe.
jens49
User
User

Post by jens49 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:11

Here goes for traditional Rullepoelse:
Pork flank cut to largest square possible. Approx. 1.2 kilo. Remove fat thicker than 3 mm. 1.8 % EQ with very little nitrite for color. Used %: 0.2 white pepper, 0,2 black pepper, 6 finely chopped onion, 1 allspice and 0.2 clove.1 gelatine. Mix all and spread over meat. Roll and tie tightly. Sous vide 3 hrs at 85 drg. C. Press firmly over night, still in bag. Use a little of the gelatine in the bag on top of meat on open face sandwich. Enjoy
We sometimes use lamb, venison or calf. If wanted smoke before poaching.
charcoal junkie
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Rolla Pulsa

Post by charcoal junkie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 16:11

jens49 wrote:
charcoal junkie wrote:Merry Christmas everyone! I am looking for a recipe for Rolla Pulsa. I havent been able to find anything with my internet searching. I am looking for a recipe for smoked beef Rolla Pulsa. All i can find is recipes for recipes that are boiled, steamed, or baked. Thanks in advance
Sorry you are looking for something that doesn't exist. Rulle poelse is made of pork belly. I have a good recipe for that one which I would gladly share. You are looking for smoked beef...
Happy holidays
It exists ive eaten it. The Norwegians,Icelandic, and Swedish here in North Dakota use beef or deer.
Chickenthief

Post by Chickenthief » Sat Jan 26, 2019 23:30

Is whisky made from grapes still whisky or cognac?

Rullepølse made from anything but pork really is'nt!

Make as per recipes and cold smoke before boiling.
It's (smoked "rolled susage" / Rullepølse) made and sold here ik DK and it's gooood!

Traditional:
4 parts ground black pepper
1 part ground allspice
Ground dry ginger to taste (if any)
1 level tablespoon spice mix / kilo
If desired add 1 grated/finely diced onion.

Pepper:
As above but apply black pepper as per taste before rolling.

Parsley:
Use white pepper and liberal amounts of fresk parsley.

Ground cumin can be added (me no likes).

Neck fillet is the litteral translation (goddammit i cant find/remember a better translation) for the piece used by many for a leaner and dare i say better product. The neck mussle of the shoulder. Cottage roll i think it's called?

If you want a very "stable/solid" product then add gelatine internally before smoking and boiling.