[USA] Pickled Sausage - Pickled Eggs

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 29, 2012 22:08

Hey NuiNai, where ya been?
I'm going to try these eggs tonight. If I survive, I'll give you a call from the Emergency Room. :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 29, 2012 22:15

Hey Buckster!
You wrote:
the pressure overcame us.
Shucks, if I'd have done something like that, my wife would have found a cork and a hammer... applied by a lawyer with papers! :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
w1sby
Beginner
Beginner

Post by w1sby » Fri Jul 13, 2012 22:36

w1sby wrote:
I'll let you all know how they turn out.

Beet eggs:

Jalapeno eggs:
The beet eggs were very nice, after getting back from vacation the remaining jar had absorbed the purple clear to the center of the yolk. Strange to look at, but oh so tasty! I liked the mix of spices and the bit of sweetness.

The jalapeno eggs were actually disappointing.
No fire... I suspect that the jalapenos were the problem. Around here we get two types, those that make you wish you had not ate one, and those that make you wonder what you just ate. I suspect the latter is what I got for this concoction.
Don't get me wrong, the flavor of the eggs were great, just no heat whatsoever. Again with these, they were slightly sweet, the cumin was noticeable, but not over powering. the oregano and bay complemented things nicely.

So will I undertake this experiment again?

You Betcha! :mrgreen:

73 de Allen, W1SBY