Polish "Yellow Bean Soup"

Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Polish "Yellow Bean Soup"

Post by Krakowska » Wed Jan 09, 2013 05:15

Fellas / Gals this is a yellow bean (Wax) bean soup. Anyone ever hear of this soup? My wife' s mother made this but she died when my wife was 12. We are both Polish and this seems to be traditional at Christmas time. We have exhausted all family members from her side and we are not even close. ANY help would be appreciated. I, My family never had this recipe and never heard of this. Thanks in advance :wink: for any help.
Keep them safe until they all come home.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jan 09, 2013 05:31

In the upper left hand corner of this page is a coat of arms and underneath the words "Wedzarnicza Brac " if you click on the coat of arms it will take you to the Polish Half of this forum. Google translate can handle some of the words but not all but perhaps you can read the mother language.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Jan 09, 2013 06:24

That's a tough question. I have never heard of bean soup being a Polish Christmas tradition. On Christmas Eve it's always barszcz (beet soup). But then, there are considerable differences in the courses prepared for Christmas between the many different regions of Poland. My father's and mother's families came from different parts of Poland and there was a huge difference in what was served on Christmas Eve in their respective family homes. Most of the Polish bean recipes that I am familiar with include meat or meat stock, so of course could not be served on Christmas Eve.

Beans on Chrismas Eve are quite popular, simply garnished with butter or prepared with cabbage (my favorite).
Smokin Don
User
User

Post by Smokin Don » Wed Jan 09, 2013 15:43

I was curious since I love about any kind of bean soup. I found some onfo here so you might want to check this out. http://www.polishforums.com/food-drink- ... pes-21161/

Smokin Don
I am not aging, just marinating!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Wed Jan 09, 2013 16:55

Thanks tons guys, delicately got some response. Will give it a try on these. Much Appreciated. :wink:
Keep them safe until they all come home.