Corn Pudding

Smokin Don
User
User

Corn Pudding

Post by Smokin Don » Tue Jan 29, 2013 05:39

This is a great side that goes well with BBQ. Cranky Buzzard wanted the recipe. Thought I would post here for all since we in the Midwest forget not everyone knows what corn pudding or scalloped corn is. I have seen it called both but think basically it's the same thing. If you want to find some variations on it go to foodnetwork.com and search it; brings up 72 recipes. There is one using Jiffy cornbread mix that has the mix and sour cream in and it's like a cross between cornbread and cornpudding, I think the recipe is on the box. My wife and kids like it. I think the best is when you can use fresh corn to make some.

My bacic recipe is:
1 can of corn
1 can of creamed corn
1/2 cup of milk, I like whole milk or half & half
2 eggs
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers crushed
1 tsp sugar
2 or 3 pats of butter

Beat the eggs and milk together. Mix all but the butter together and pour into greased casserole dish. Cut the butter pats in half and push down in mix scattered around. Sometimes I crush some more crackers and on top for a crust. Bake in preheated oven at 350 deg. 45 minutes to one hour until the edges are starting to brown and the center is set up.

Smokin Don
I am not aging, just marinating!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 06:31

YUM! :wink:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 07:34

Chuckwagon wrote:YUM! :wink:
That's what infants and toothless old geezers say when they smell puddin'. :grin:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 07:44

Red, how did you know I am an infant? :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D