Zrazy wołowe zawijane - stuffed beef rolls

StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Zrazy wołowe zawijane - stuffed beef rolls

Post by StefanS » Tue Mar 29, 2016 21:24

BB, ped - soon I will post some pics and comments about my smokehouse.
At this time I would like to show you how to prepare some special polish dish - zrazy wołowe zawijane - stuffed beef rolls. I'm using a piece of Beef round eye. I cut it in 3/8" to 1/2" slices.
Each slice is tenderized to around 1/8".
on this picture you see a stuffing pieces - slice of smoked bacon, piece of onion, piece of cucumber in brine, piece of marinated pepper. Little salt , grounded black pepper, and little brown mustard - as spices.
To keep meat and stuffing in rolls together - I'm using wooden toothpick.
Then I'm using wheat flavor to cover meat outside - purpose is to prepare base for sauce.
Covered meat I fry on frying pan to brown color.
When meat id done - I have moved it to pot with small amount of water, plus, carrot, celery, few mushrooms, salt, black pepper, few corns of allspice, piece of leeks,
I simmer it for around 1.5 hour. After that meat is ready, tasty, sauce has nice color and consistency. Can be served with - rice, mashed potato, macaroni or spaghetti. Or just with bread.
Last edited by StefanS on Sat Apr 02, 2016 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Tue Mar 29, 2016 22:16

That looks really good. Thanks for sharing.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:07

Looks really good Stefan! Thank you for posting.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Mar 30, 2016 14:11

I think I'll try making this this week. I have plans to make some beef products this week and have some beef on hand.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Thu Mar 31, 2016 03:39

Here is my first attempt at this dish. I think I may have added too much water even though you said just a little. Was a little concerned I might burn it and was surprised at how much liquid is generated. Next time I'll back off on this. Thoroughly enjoyed it Stephen.

To be honest, I would have never paired these ingredients on my own but as I was working it made a lot of sense. Thanks.

redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Mar 31, 2016 07:39

Geez you guys are making me hungry! And I have little time these days to play around in the kitchen. :shock: Thanks for posting that recipe Stefan. My mother used to make zrazy occasionally and we made them from time to time but it's been a while. In fact I think the last time I had some was in a restaurant in Poland in 2010.