Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
angelwannaB
Beginner
Beginner

Post by angelwannaB » Fri Oct 05, 2012 18:42

This place is addictive...gonna be offline for awhile will return when I get some worky things tidied up.

Hopefully I'll have some pics to share when I return.

Gods speed to ya'll ... and keep stuffing, either your mouth or them casings :mrgreen: :wink:
Just passin thru ....
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:21

Two new members with us today! Welcome to WD "Mbox" in Nakhonsawan,Thailand and TiborS in Alden, New York. Guys, you know...the last time I visited my son, I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.
"This is the 21st century, Dad" he said, "I don't waste money on newspapers."
Then he looked at me with concern. "Here Dad, you can borrow my iPad."
Well, I can tell you this... that darn fly never knew what hit him. :shock:

It`s nice to have you folks with us guys!
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 08:53

Welcome aboard jules1973 in East Texas! We're glad to have you here. Hey jules, do you like old sayings? I've always believed that "opportunity knocks". I just don't understand why "temptation kicks my danged door down!".
Make yourself at home jules... you are among friends here!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 03:25

Yeeee Haaaawww! Two new lady sausage makers with us today! Welcome to the WD brand cowgirl sharpshooters! There`s Alton from the United Kingdom and Pamstacticaly12 from Modesto, California. Say, haven`t we seen you ladies `round these parts before? Aren`t you the two gals who broke all the guys` hearts at the barn dance last Saturday night?

Say there gals, perhaps you could answer a couple of questions for me. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers? And don`t you think Velcro is a rip off? And what about jokes about German sausage? Aren`t they the wurst?

Ladies, welcome aboard. We can sure use a feminine touch around here!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 08:32

Welcome Ashily in London. Nice to see all you ladies joining our forum.
Hey Ashily, I`ve got some, "Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom" for you. Never go to bed angry... stay up and plot your revenge!
We're glad to have you with us Ashily. Make yourself at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 08:42

Who`s that pair of rascals gallopin` into camp and stirrin` up the dust around the ol` chuckwagon? Why... it`s Headonis from Ballarat, Australia and Marlon5 from Lahore, Sweden.
Hey boys, I just had to strap on my ol` slingin` rig the other day just to see if I had lost the touch. So I faced myself in the mirror and pushed the gunbelt way down on my hips. It felt pretty good to get back into the groove. I flipped the thong off the hammer and squinted. I tried to look like a mean SOB but I always did have a problem with that. :roll:

Anyway, I drew my Colt hogleg and dry fired. Guess what happened? Yes, yes, yes... I`m still so fast that I make myself shudder... you know... tremble in my boots! I actually beat my own reflection to the draw! :shock: Were my eyes deceiving me? I had to know. So I loaded a hot one in the "next up". This time I drew and fired for real, and it was over in a split second. I was faster than ever! :cool: Yes, yes, when the smoke cleared, I could plainly see that I had not only beat my reflection to the draw, but I had shot myself in the mirror. Anyhow, my reflection just layed down and died! The poor, gentle fellow anyway! Now I don`t have a mirror image. I really miss myself when I try to shave in the morning! :sad:

Nice to have you with us fellas! Welcome to WD. Make yourselves right at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 05:50

Welcome aboard ANNAM in Melbourne, Australia! By chance, have you raised kids? Kids are the greatest - they make the world go around. I`ve managed to collect a few great points of advice TO kids FROM other kids

- When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
- If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
- Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
- You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
- Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.

It`s nice to have you with us Annam.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 07:58

Hi Troy in Russia and welcome aboard.
I asked El DuckO if he had a hard time making up his mind. He said, "Uh.. well, yes and no". :roll:
It`s nice to have you with us Troy. Hey, have you ever noticed that a person never really learns to swear until he learns to drive.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

ozzie contact

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 20:56

Hi Annam,
Weldome to the forum, you will enjoy it. We have in HYDE PARK a special section for Australian members, called Australian Recources Corner.
Any information in regard to suppliers you have dealt with is very welcome here or information on how you make sausages, curing and smoking in your local environment as well as plain old favourite recipes about anything.
This forum is about learning as far as I am concerned, I might be old and decrepit but I always want to learn more.
Sometimes I (ME) can even contribute with some of my experience as limited as it is.
Best Regards,
Jan.
Brisbane.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 23:02

Chuckwagon wrote:I asked El DuckO if he had a hard time making up his mind. He said, "Uh.. well, yes and no". :roll:
Hey! Wait a minute! I resemble that remark.

Murphy named one of his or her laws after me, ya know: "Some do. Some don't."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Unless... Well...
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33

Now who are the two new wranglers throwin` a log on the campfire? Say there boys, haven`t we seen you before somewhere? You look mighty famil.... Oh I know you hombres now! You`re the waddies that the sheriff lasooed and drug up and down the river a few times and then through the cactus patch before he found out you were innocent of holding up the Red Rock Express last Saturday! Wow, you fellas look like you could stop a water faucet! Are all those bumps and bruises painful? Geeze, that cactus has just GOT to hurt!
Welcome to Wedliny Domowe Lastingroach from Lake Tahoe, California and Pete from Southeast Australia. We`re glad to have you with us. Make yourself at home, kick yer` boots off, and pour yourselves a cup of Crusty`s brown irrigation water. Uhh... on second thought, you`d better leave the boots on boys. The last dude started a stampede!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 18:31

CW,
Nobody ever called my high class distillate "Crusty's browns irrigation water"
My Dutch Genever is clear for your information and certainly soothes my toncils on a cold evening.
I only make small quantities to give away over the festivities arriving shortly, any bigger quantities get the revenoors interested.
Just bring me a visit and I will fill you up with some special irrigation water.
Regards,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 20:47

Crusty, you're the only one I know who makes flammable coffee!
And I've heard about your Scamper Rookus Juice too! :shock: Someone said you spilled a little of your "anti-fogmatic" in your kitchen and it burned holes straight through the floors and cement foundation. What are you putting in that stuff? Molecular acid? :roll:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 07:48

Now who are the three new b`hoys sportin` batwings n` irons? They look tough enough to hunt bears with a hickory switch and swallow horn-toads backwards! Say... these boys look hungry! Grab your re-loadin` outfits boys and some eatin` irons. Mosey on down to the campfire and fetch yer`selves some fixins! There`s smokey beans, `tater salad, and barbecued ribs. Wash it down with some of Bad Bob`s ice-cold home brew and stay awhile.
Welcome aboard kiwihunter from Palmerston, New Zealand, bkamp from Colorado, and John from England. It`s nice to have you fellas ridin` fer` the brand! You`re goin` to like this place. Lots of good folks hereabouts! Make yourself right at home and enjoy Wedliny Domowe!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 08:23

Welcome to WD tysonlee in Pakistan. Nice to have you here. Do you know what time it is? :roll:

It`s time for... "Really, Really, Strange... But True!" :shock:

- The parachute was invented 120 years before the airplane.
- No piece of dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!
- Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people.
- Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive. Clinophobia is the fear of beds!
- Most lipstick contains fish scales!
- The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth.
- There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
Yes, yes... it`s... really, really strange... but true!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon