Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
beardedwonder5

Post by beardedwonder5 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 17:27

Can Chuckers fit under a bed?
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 16, 2011 19:54

beardedwonder5 wrote:Can Chuckers fit under a bed?
Not sure where that came from but in my experience, anyone will fit under a bed if her husband comes home unexpectedly. :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 20:33

Hey Beard-O,
Where have you been hiding out? Behind bars? Of course I fit under my bed... I sleep in a hammock! It`s a terrible strain on two trees, but it works for me! It was my old girlfriend that couldn`t fit, although she was only 5`7" tall - laying down! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 09:41

Another sausage maker has joined our ranks. Welcome aboard mking5 in Pennsylvania. GrayGoat was talking about scrapple earlier today. He said Maryland had its famous recipe, but I know you folks in Pennsylvania have your own award-winning version of the stuff too! We`re glad to have you here mking5. Hope your Easter holiday is a terrific one - just filled with hickory smoke! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 06:25

Welcome aboard JerBear from San Diego. Hey, I`ll bet you`ve been down to Petco Park to watch those terrific Padres eh? What a team! Can you get a great hot dog there? We`re glad to have you join us JerBear.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Sat Apr 23, 2011 05:54

Actually I'm not one for sports and the closest I've been to the stadium was last Saturday having some beer and roasted bone marrow at the pub next door. I'm still trying to find a good hot dog stand in town and I'm thinking I'm just going to have to open up my own.

I can't wait to get into the throes of forum...Thanks for the warm welcome!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 05:55

Hi FranklinStracha in London, England! And welcome aboard. Do you make great breakfast links with sage? I made some "bubble and squeak" for my wife and she was pleased with it. Had some great English sausages to go with it. Yum-o. We're glad to have you here with us Franklin.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 07:14

Hello DiggingDogFarm from New York and welcome aboard! Hmmm... your name is strangely related to member 127 who is DigginDigFarm and joined on April 14th. Cousins eh? :wink: Glad to have you here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Apr 28, 2011 04:43

Another South African member! Welcome aboard ebenvt. We're glad to see you here. I tried to click on your website but it wouldn't come up. Looks like you make bacon and lots of it eh? Got any techniques to share? Again, welcome to WD/e!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Thu Apr 28, 2011 05:05

Welcome to all new members. It's great to have you. We would surely appreciate a little of your time in exchange for the wealth of information you will find here.
If you can find the time to just check in every now and then, it would help us to know that we are fulfilling our tasks.
To be clear, I am not a moderator, merely a very interested member with a lot of time on my hands. The request to "check in" is based on the understanding that many of you have not yet retired and gon't have the same amount of time to devote.

Happy Sausage Making! :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 09:15

Hey, Hey, Welcome aboard Smokin` Dave from Wadworth! That`s Ohio, I presume. We`re happy to see you here with us on the forum. How about telling us a little about yourself? Steelchef started a post called, "You are invited to share the means of your livlihood". Here a link to click on: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4986&start=0

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Welcome Aboard!

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun May 08, 2011 10:42

And yet another good-lookin' and intelligent member joins our ranks. Welcome aboard DOLLARBILL from the "northeast". How about telling us a little more about yourself. Do you make hams, bacons, or sausages? All three? We're glad to have you join our group DOLLARBILL.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 10, 2011 06:02

Hi Gang!
Two more great members signed up today! Welcome aboard partycook from Milwaukee and Cheesehead from "cheeseland". Hmmm, something tells me these guys are in "cahoots" in the great state of Wisconsin. :grin:
Hey guys, we`ve been waiting for you to sign up! What took you so long? :wink:
How about telling us a little about yourselves? Steelchef started a post called, "You are invited to share the means of your livlihood". Here a link to click on: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4986&start=0

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:41

Hey welcome new members don't be afraid to ask your questions or speak your mind here :smile: You will find real answers to your questions and learn alot in the process I know that in the short time that I have been a member the amount that I have learned about the craft here has amazed me.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue May 10, 2011 18:09

Yes, welome Partycook and Cheesehead. I've been anxious to have another party in Wisconsin. Many years ago, buddy and I were on a cross Canada road trip and decided to shorten our journey to Windsor, Ontario by cutting south through Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and up to Ontario. We got blown off course a bit and ended up in a little Wisconsin town called Grand Rapids. The hotel we chose had only one room vacant. We took it and asked why such a small town had such a full hotel. the answer was; a firemans convention. Fireguys from all over the state were there to meet, exchange ideas and have competitions. Of course we went down to the pub after settling in and could not avoid meeting some of the visiting firemen. The minute that they discovered we were from Canada, our money became worthless. 45 years later I still can't touch corn whiskey. :sad: Despite that sad fact, we had a wonderful time and will never forget the genuine warmth and carmaderie with which we were accepted into the group. In the morning we discovered our "Honorary Captain" badges, made from drink coasters. I still have mine. It looks like something my 8 year old grandson may have made but it still warms my heart. :mrgreen: