Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 12, 2011 04:55

Another intelligent person joining our ranks! Welcome aboard Wesleychef in Mobile, Alabama on America`s Gulf Coast. Lots of people have forgotten about the damage hurricane Katrina did to Mobile in the last days of August 2005. Gosh, for that matter, this great city was even hit by hurricanes Opal in `95 and Ivan in `04. Heck, I even remember when hurricane Frederick tore up the downtown district in 1979. Some of you folks weren`t even born yet! All I can say is... you wranglers in the south come from pretty tough stock! We`re glad to have you here Wesleychef.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Thu May 12, 2011 05:16

Welome Wesleychef.

It's always great to welcome someone with my own last name. :mrgreen:

Chuckwagon covered a lot of history about Mobil but failed to mention your current issues. While you escaped the devastation that occurred in Tuscaloosa and other locations, there has still been some serious damage within the county.

Please forgive his omissions. Between his meds and the altitude he lives at, allowances must be made. :razz:

We pride ourselves on having fun while making some serious sausage. You are warmly welcomed to hang out and check out our forum and website. You won't be disappointed.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 12, 2011 05:40

OK Wesley,
Just dismiss half the information that Steelchef gives you, and forget the rest! :shock: The man is not right in the head - he wears his tutu downtown while shopping for pointed-weighted snowshoes. Not far from my place is a meadow with 11 FEET of snow still left in it. How about tryin' out those new snowshoes down here you, you... you Canadian, charbroiled, cave-in casualty? :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Thu May 12, 2011 06:26

Calm down you old f@@dcart! I certainly don't need your outmoded footwear. This is my current ride. :razz:

This is me, showing off my "pointed-weighted snowshoes!

And this is what I'm coming to San Diego in. Gotta try Jer's franks and mustard, maybe a beer too?

That meadow would be nothing but a wet spot when I got finished with it! :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 16, 2011 05:42

Another good looking, intelligent person joining our ranks! Welcome aboard uwanna61 somewhere in the great state of Vermont - the leading producer of maple syrup in the entire nation. Wow, I've tasted DaveZacs from upstate New York. Once you've had the real thing, you'll never top yer' ol' hotcakes with anything else! We`re happy to have you join us uwanna61.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Mon May 16, 2011 22:01

Chuckwagon
Just want to drop a line and properly introduce myself. I` am from the maple state here in Vermont, and also great cheeses available here too. My smoker is located in the northwest corner of Vermont, 15 min from the USA / Canada border. A few of my hobbies are, smoking & curing meat, BBQ and cooking. I also enjoy motorcycles in my spare time, street & dirt. As for my handle name, several yrs ago I was traveling down the highway on my motorcycle and came upon a bike that read "uwanna" on the license plate, of course it was a sport bike, so instead of excepting his offer, I took his handle from the plate, and added my last two numbers, of my birth year. Later, I was told that in Greek, uwanna is a woman`s name, go figure! Anyhow on to the more important thing, I have been smoking meats for around 6 yrs now, and the past year or so, I have been dabbling in dry and semi dry cured products, with some success, so I will have several questions on this topic! I was born in Germany, so that probably explains the meat smoking / cooking part of my life. Thanks for the invite, and I will visit often!

Steelchef
Wow grabbing big air on the sled, I`m impressed?? :wink:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 17, 2011 04:07

Hi Wanna61.....
You've just got to check out Trosky's Harley Davidson... (I think). He tried to give it to me but I took one look at it and sold my carpenter's tools. I'll bet you've never seen a "wooden" Harley :shock:
Here's a link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... motorcycle
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 18, 2011 10:24

Hey soul4sale! It`s about time you signed up! We were just coming to get you. Our latest member is from a place called "Here". Hmmm, I think I once rode through that town on my Harley! Welcome aboard soul4sale.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 18, 2011 10:48

Hi uwanna61,
Sure glad you joined us. You must be near St. Albans on Highway 89. You are in snow country just like me! What dry-cured sausages have you made uwanna? Any interesting salamis or pepperonis? Be sure to check out the recipes by Stan Marianski on our homepage. Click on the sausage recipes in the top headers. Here`s the link:-> WedlinyDomowe.com

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 20, 2011 05:24

A great big welcome to Alex from the USA. Hey Alex, have to ever noticed that some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved! :mrgreen: Welcome aboard Alex.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 23, 2011 23:08

Another good looking, intelligent person joining our ranks! Welcome aboard simplycyn from Dunchurch, Ontario, Canada. Hmmm...come to think of it, you Canadian sausage-makers are all pretty smart folks! After all, you`ve joined WedlinyDomowe didn`t you? What a gorgeous place you live in. We`re happy to have you join us Cindi.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat May 28, 2011 09:13

Two more folks joining the world`s greatest site! Welcome aboard andrewbrk1 from Los Angeles, California, and szmidt from North Bagylon, New York. By the way all you buckaroos in the west... do you know where America`s first cattle ranch was located? Right in szmidt's neck of the woods! Yup pards, our nation's oldest cattle ranch, started in 1747, was in Montauk, New York! Hey Andrewbrk, do you think those New York cowboys wore Stetsons and threw a long loop? :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Tue May 31, 2011 00:45

Yeah CW you hit the nail on the head. Minutes from 89 and on the out skirt of St,A. I have made a few dry cure pepperoni`s & fresh sausages, not much in smoked salamis lately, not much time, kids graduating college and work. I have been putting most of my attention, on the dry cure sausage, with some success. I will make a later post on a few of my questions. Take care!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 00:45

Welcome aboard Charcutebrew from Michigan! Are you anywhere near Fremont? Outside of Michigan, not a lot of folks know that your great state is the baby food capital of the world (Gerber). And that is said with gratitude and respect especially for us `pappas` that had to get up at the crack of noon, to feed the little ones. And folks, did you know that Michigan has nearly 65,000 lakes and ponds? Incredibly, a person in the state is never more than six miles (10 km) from a natural water source! That just makes a desert-dweller like me shudder with jealousy! Shucks charcutebrew, if we had that much water out here, I`d probably have to bathe EVERY Saturday night! :shock: We`re glad to have you with us Charcutebrew.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
charcutebrew
Beginner
Beginner

Post by charcutebrew » Thu Jun 02, 2011 16:15

Thanks for the welcome! I still call the UP home, but I'm more in the Ann Arbor area these days. (Nearby Chelsea is the home of Jiffy mix.) I do love all the water here!