Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Trosky
User
User

Post by Trosky » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:53

Good to see ya back at the keyboard Chucky. Things have been really quite around here. I made some summer sausage using your recipe and it was really good other than that not much going on around here too hot. Will you be inserting some words of wisdom in Stans book :lol:
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Mon Jul 12, 2010 09:37

Chuckwagon, good to see you back.
Trosky wrote:I made some summer sausage using your recipe and it was really good
Where is the recipe and photos :?: :wink:
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
Trosky
User
User

Post by Trosky » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02

Siara wrote: Where is the recipe and photos :?: :wink:
The recipe is in the forum sausage;semi dry cured sausage. My computer ate the pics. I downloaded them but I can't find them in any file. Looks like I have to learn how to use that quote thing too.
Last edited by Trosky on Mon Jul 12, 2010 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Mon Jul 12, 2010 13:02

quote is fixed :wink: Now what concerns photos, try to download them again ( I guess digital camera ).
Then pay attention to the destination folder, it should be the same as previous.
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Hi New Guys

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 17:39

Wow, This is exciting! I go away for two months and find seven new members when I get back. For goodness sake, WELCOME ABOARD new folks. I`m not the administrator... just a sausage-making fool cowpoke who fell off his horse one too many times. It`s the cacti in my moustache that really bothers me - not to mention my bent up Resistol (Texas-made cowboy hat). I`m sure willing to help folks with questions. I`ve been at it now for just less than sixty years and get the biggest kick from making good air dried or "dry-cured" salami and pepperoni with the use of today`s modern bio-cultures like Bactoferm. And shucks cowboys, you should know that there is no such thing as a silly question - just silly answers! So ask away. One of these buckaroos will come to your rescue. There are several experts on this board. Don`t be shy, just fire up your questions no matter how simple they may seem. And believe me, some of these guys can answer some of the toughest questions even the experienced folks can dream up.
Chorizo signed on from Luxembourg, Seitzer from Virginia, Shortline from Arkansas, Sedzielarz from Minnesota, Kitcheners from East Anglia, and Breakenstuf from Austin, Texas.
Shipscook`s homeland is misunderstood by many. This region on Northern England in centered around the great City of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and football is a way of life. People there are warm and friendly, intelligent, and warm-hearted. Welcome aboard Shipscook!
Hey, I`m willing to bet a lot of you don`t know where East Anglia is. That`s where "kitcheners" is located and I`m willing to bet she`s got a few tricks up her sleeve. The University of East Anglia (UEA), was established in 1963 and is a public research university in Norwich, England. One of the most prestigious learning institutions in the world.

Best wishes, Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Fri Jan 21, 2011 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
kitchener

Post by kitchener » Thu Jul 22, 2010 09:09

Thanks for the welcome CW. Lots of interesting info on this site, I'm pleased to have found it.
Hope you are on the mend and will soon be up and 'dancing'. :wink:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 02:12

Hey Lemon D.
You wrote:
So a serendipitous find, now I can read the recipes and your stories.
Got a few more tall tales with you in mind, but I don't know if I could get away with them on this new board. Its a bit more serious than the one that gave me the silver gavel. I'd like to believe that people from any country still have a sense of humor. My best wishes, and say Hi to the ol' gang for me.
Chuckwagon[/quote]
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

New Member here

Post by DanMcG » Mon Sep 06, 2010 23:45

Hello everyone, I wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Dan and I'm in NY USA, I'm sausage making hobbyist who likes to experiment with different recipes.
I can't help noticing a few members that I've chatted with on other forums which is good to see they're still around.
Anyways, Thanks for having me and I hope I can contribute something to this fine forum.
Dan
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Tue Sep 07, 2010 14:48

Hi Dan, Welcome neighbor. Good to see you wandered on over. I'm sure you will be able to learn from these fine folks as well as contribute to us all. :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 19:31

Hey, Hey Dan McG.....
Welcome aboard. Hope you write in often and let us know what you are making. If I were you, I'd visit your neighbor DaveZac and find a chair in his kitchen. That ol' rascal is getting pretty good at handcrafting just about everything he consumes. You are going to enjoy the Polish folks on the board too. They are fine folks and excellent sausage makers!
Best wishes to you Dan, Chuckwagon
Trosky
User
User

Post by Trosky » Wed Sep 08, 2010 23:23

Welcome Dan McG; Allot of very good people here. Sounds like your an experienced sausage maker pass on any and all knowledge, I'm never to old to learn. I don't know about any one else but I'm ready for some salmon smoking :grin: I do get them from N.Y. in the niagara river. Only 2.5 hrs from my house.
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Thu Sep 09, 2010 14:37

High of 66 degrees here in New York today. Sausage & smoking season is in the air. I'm getting excited indeed.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 05:09

Hey Tros,
I just noticed your "signature". Too funny. But I'm not going to show it to my wife. She's ONLY 62 but would smack me with a salmon if she read it. :lol:
Hey, you guys, how do you catch salmon in the Niagra river?
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
Trosky
User
User

Post by Trosky » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:03

Chuckwagon Lake Ontario is full of King salmon so any tributary the the lake is where they go to spawn. I go to Niagara because its the closest to me. I fish in a spot on the river called Devil's Gorge. You can see and here the falls from there. We used to have salmon here in Lake Erie but not anymore. Its been about 23,24 years since I've caught one here. :sad:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 22:07

Hey Tros,
That is amazing. See & hear the falls while you fish. What do you use for bait? Do you have a great smoking recipe. Would you like to have ol' Rytek Kutas' smokin' recipe? After reading Stan Marianski's book, I increased the strength of the brine to about 80 degrees on larger fish. I'm just a landlocked lubber here and jealous that you have such an opportunity to fish for salmon. :cry: Our Lake Powell has great fishing but nothing like you are talking about! How large do those salmon grow to be? When is the season for catching them?
Best wishes, Chuckwagon