Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 01:10

W1sby
Welcome aboard! Hang around check things out, you will surely find a sausage recipe that will tickle your tonsils. Have a question? Don`t hesitate to ask! There are plenty of folks here that are willing to help out.
Chow...
Uwanna
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 08:01

Welcome aboard Roffekock from Ryssby, Sweden. Hey Roffekock, have you ever noticed how smart dolphins really are? They are brilliant! In fact, dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish! :shock: We`re glad to have you with us, Roffekock.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:22

Welcome aboard toolhawk from Michigan. I`ve posted this before, but it just amazes me: Michigan has the longest freshwater coastline of any political subdivision in the world, being bounded by four of the five Great Lakes, plus Lake Saint Clair. The state has 64,980 inland lakes and ponds, so... a person in Michigan is never more than six miles (10 km) from a natural water source or more than 85 miles (137 km) from a Great Lakes shoreline. :shock: I live in the second driest state in the Union. Out here, the bushes follow the dogs around! :roll: Your water amazes me! Nice to have you here toolhawk.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 22:52

Welcome aboard Emmanu from New York. I`ve got some "Western Wisdom n` Saddlebum Science" for you. If you can tie a clove hitch in a carrot, it`s probably not fresh! :mrgreen: Glad to have you with us Emmau.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 22:37

Welcome aboard Colosimo from "somewhere in the United States". They say curiosity killed the cat. Well, today it`s killin` me because I`m wondering if our newest member is located in my home state. You see, the name Colosimo is one of the oldest and most respected names in the sausagemaking history of Utah as well as other parts of our nation. Every carnivore in my neck of the woods recognizes the Colosimo brand. What a namesake! Welcome aboard Colosimo. We`re glad to have you join us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 02:45

OK Kids! Can you name the largest state east of the Mississippi River? It`s where our newest member mspiel resides.
Welcome aboard mspiel, we`re happy to have you with us. Hope you make lots of sausage and write in often. There are many helpful folks on this site although there is quite a bit of kidding going on at times. Make yourself at home. OK folks, where is mspiel located? Beginning with the second letter, look at every other letter in the following ingredient in my salami: smdilcahxifgoawno

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 03:39

Michigan?
Welcome Mspiel! If I'm correct, what part of Michigan are you from? I lived in Gwinn Michigan, way back in 1968 - 1969. I remember fishing with my dad back in the day. We didn`t fish like the fellers do on the salt flats in Utah, right CW? You see Mspiel, the folks in Chuckwagon neck of the woods think a fishing pole is a red candle with a fuse :mrgreen:
Welcome aboard
Uwanna
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 03:50

Oh sure mspiel, if you believe that hooey, then I should tell you the truth about Uwanna's square, dented, front end (bow) on his kayak. He crashes into TREES with it!

Best Wishes,
WagonChuckWheelRut
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Sep 02, 2011 03:52

three miles from the river.
Ross- tightwad home cook
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 04:12

No Ross I made it to the river the water was ruff, got turned around and hit a tree :razz:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 04:47

Ross,
Uwanna has the only kayak I've ever seen with tiny wheels on the bottom and a periscope mounted inside! :shock:
mspiel

Post by mspiel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 19:23

Hey all, Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not much of a fisherman, more into hunting, that's how I found your site while gathering info to smoke some salmon my brother in law caught in Lake Michigan. I've made summer sauasage, fresh sausage, belly bacon and such but know nothing about fish.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 09:24

Another intelligent and good-lookin` Australian is joining us today all the way from Sydney! Welcome aboard Snagman. Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home. Hey Snagman... have you ever noticed... laughing is good exercise... sort of like jogging on the inside! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 00:12

Hi CW,
Snagman is a famous sausage experimenter in Syney. We are lucky to be able to pick his brains.
Welcome Mate.
Best Regards,
Jan.
Sydney
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 09:02

Another new member from BC Canada! Welcome aboard "Deer Sausage". Wow, that handle paints about a thousand images eh? Deer Sausage is from the Okanagan area of British Columbia. That`s about half way between Vancouver and Calgary - as the crow flies. What am I getting` so excited about? Just northeast of Okanagan is Glacier National Park and a little further east if Banff. Hey DS, I spent an entire summer in your neck of the woods - one of the most beautiful places on earth. In Deer Sausage`s Okanagan valley is the incredible Lake Okanagan. We`re glad to have you join us DS.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon