Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Sep 18, 2011 06:48

Hey Guys! Do you realize we haven`t had a female sausage maker join our forum since May? Well there`s a new lady in town and her name is Holly. She is from the best place on earth to spend the summer season... Canada! But the winters sure can blow a cold wind down the back of yer` neck! I heard it is so cold up there in January, that words often freeze in the air! :shock: Then they have to thaw out before they can be heard in the spring. :roll: Welcome aboard Holly! We`re glad to have you join us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 01:53

Welcome aboard gbguy71 from northern California. Where have you been? It`s about time you joined us! :shock: Hey gbguy, I`ve got some great western saddlebum advice for you: "If you ever have to choose between two evils... pick the one you`ve never tried before"! :roll: It`s nice to have you with us gbguy.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 02:07

Welcome aboard Stuttgarter. Someday, my ol` pal Maz and I are going to visit your hometown of Stuttgart, just north of the Black Forest in southern Germany. In 2010, the city was determined to be one of the most livable cities on the globe. Hey sausagemakers, during the war, 7 of 10 buildings were completely destroyed by bombs in the city, thus today`s rebuilt Stuttgart is a beautiful, sprawling, modern municipality. One of the most amazing old buildings yet remaining, stands yet today and it is known as the "Old Castle" - built in the year 950 - the year Stuttgart became a city. It was first established as a place to breed fine horses for the cavalry. Hey, that`s my kind of place! Great to have you join us Stuttgarter.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 23:07

Stuttgarter
Haben Willkommen an Bord, tun Sie alle berühmten deutschen Rezepte, die Sie teilen möchten?

Stuttgarter
Welcome aboard, do you have any famous German recipes you would like to share?

Chow!
Uwanna
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 23:12

Holly
Welcome aboard!
the best place on earth to spend the summer season... Canada

Hey CW isn`t your son steelchef from Canada :roll:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57

Welcome aboard lowpull from the Texas panhandle! Hey all you soda drinkers... does anyone enjoy Dr. Pepper iced down on a hot summer day? It has been around quite a while. Since 1885 as a matter of fact. Now, do you where it was invented? Yup, in Texas. Waco, Texas that is. We`re happy to have you with us lowpull.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 09:19

Welcome aboard Andrewl from Fife, Scotland and Vstyn from Buffalo, New York. You came to the right place. Now, if you can just answer a couple of questions for me... Why is the hardness of the butter always proportional to the softness of the bread? :neutral: And Halloween is only about a month away. What will happen if I get scared half to death twice? :shock:
It`s nice to have you fellas aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 27, 2011 07:23

Hey sausage munchers, today we had two intelligent, good lookin` folks join us, both from the state of Washington. The city of Leavenworth, Washington had a failing economy until 1962, when citizens decided to breathe new mountain air into their town. They completely restructured the town to make it resemble a Bavarian village complete with Octoberfest celebrations. Today the town is called, "the ultimate holiday town USA", and it is gorgeous (especially on a snowy evening downtown)! One of our newest members is from Leavenworth and he goes by the tag "chiantidan".
If you work your way northwest to the Canadian border, you`ll pass through Blaine, Washington, (another good-looker) - home to another new member, JamesRhoades. The northern city limit of the town is actually the Canadian border. Welcome fellers! We are happy to have you join us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 07:13

Welcome aboard kathsumi from Kolkata, India! I`ve got some great cowboy "western wisdom" for you. Never test the water`s depth using both feet! And never, ever, slap a man who is chewing tobacco! :roll: We`re glad to have you with us, kathsumi.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 03:43

Welcome new members Stickan from Skillingaryd, Sweden and Kajagoogoo from Brooklyn, New York. Pull up some shade, kick yer` boots off, and cool your toes in the "crick" with the rest of us! Can either one of you gentlemen tell me why it is that when all my body parts feel so good, it`s usually my conscience that is really painful? Maybe at my age, a clear conscience is just a sign of a bad memory! Welcome aboard boys, it`s nice to have you with us!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Stickan

Post by Stickan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 20:36

Thanks for the warm welcome Chuckwagon. It will be fun to explore the site and I was glad to find it :lol:
Regards
Stickan
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00

Welcome aboard DLFL from Florida. Maybe you could tell me... How do you know when you're out of invisible ink? :???:
I`ve got some great cowboy "western wisdom" for you... You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk. Make yourself comfortable DLFL - you`re among friends. Welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Thu Oct 06, 2011 15:40

I have a bit of culinary wisdom for all. A cooking recipe is a guideline but baking and preserving have to have formulas.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Dick

Never quit learning!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 08:00

Welcome aboard Mups from Gotarp, Sweden, and Prendak from Canada. I`ve got some great Western Saddlebum Wisdom for you! If you borrow money, borrow it from pessimists -- they don't expect it back. :roll: It`s nice to have you with us gentlemen. Hey fellas, did you ever notice... the colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it? Welcome to WD!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 05:39

Welcome aboard brewedforyou from Greenville, South Carolina. Did you happen to know that your fair city served as a United States Military Training facility for recruits during the First World War? Yup, back then Greenville was known as, "the textile center of the world". Goodness, Ross Hill must have been just a boy back then! :shock: Hey brewedforyou...we`re glad to have you here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon