Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Jan 21, 2017 07:48

hey Fusion! Welcome to our gathering of sausage fanatics. I see you have already had a bit of practice and have done your homework. Your entry into fermented meats will be a blast, as it's both a craft and a science and an area where you never stop learning.

Looking foreward to seeing the results of the Salami Cascina.
Best wishes,
redzed
Cdub
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Cdub » Sat Jan 21, 2017 18:55

Joined in Dec as I was making a variety of sausages during the holidays. I started in the hobby as a way to be hands on with processing venison and moose. Over the years I haven't hunted as much but have used beef from a steer we raised to mainly pork now from sales.
Over the years I have acquired and changed grinders and stuffers. My last grinder was a Berkel but the weight to move around was a chore so I sold it and bought the cabelas 22 size 1hp and also a 25lb stuffer to do larger batches that mr trespade 5lb won't fit. A home made smoker with a Bradley generator finishes off the tools.
Also to help when we have a deer or bear and batches of chickens I made a walk in cooler that runs at near 0 to keep all fresh.
For me I do a lot of reading and don't post much.
Thanks
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Jan 22, 2017 18:40

Welcome Cdub, we are happy to have you here. Next time you make some sausages please post pics and info here. Looks like you are well set up equipment. As you have noticed the main purpose of this forum is to learn from each other. If you ever get a bit of extra bear meat, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. :grin:

And since we are almost neighbours, we will have to have to hook up one of these days. I don't make large quantities of sausages but am constanly trying different recipes and studying original European products.

redzed
vilor
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all

Post by vilor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 21:48

Hi all, I just joined this group. I am making sausage at home for over 20 years and still struggle. Hope to share what I know and get advice.
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Feb 07, 2017 02:44

Hi vilor and welcome to the forum! Great to have somebody with that many years of practical experience behind them! Hopefully you can share some of your favourite recipes and tips and tricks of the craft with us. And I know that Chicago is a great sausage city, so it's my kind of town, (Too bad someone else stole that line from me) :lol:
Dei3jr

Post by Dei3jr » Mon Feb 13, 2017 21:12

Hello, new to the forum. Been making sausage for 10 years now and decided I wanted to get into dry cured sausage. Lots of good information on here. Hope to pick up the rest of my chamber parts soon and get going on it.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Feb 14, 2017 13:43

Hi Dei3jr welcome to the board! Don't hesitate to ask questions on your chamber build and your sausage making as you progress.
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Feb 14, 2017 14:39

Welcome aboard Dei3jr! Getting into fermented and ripened meats is an exciting undertaking and a great learning experience that never ends!

Please give us updates on your chamber build. I'm also in the process of constructing a new one so we can compare notes.
Sleebus
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Sleebus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 17:08

Welcome aboard!
SmokinOutBack

Post by SmokinOutBack » Tue Feb 21, 2017 22:00

Hi there, new guy from New Jersey, near Philly. Been smoking meat for years and am getting into sausage making as a hobby. Stumbled across this forum today and decided to join.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Tue Feb 21, 2017 22:55

Good to have you Smokingoutback and welcome.
Sleebus
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Sleebus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 13:41

You found a good spot! Welcome.
Berefood

Post by Berefood » Sat Mar 04, 2017 16:28

Hello All

New here and I'm firstly looking to make bacon. Not much experience tried a few things that can out so so. I invested in some new toys to make things easier. That was the easy part knowing what to do with them is another story. I'm having a bit of a problem trying to finds things with the search thing. Can someone direct me to plain recipes I'm looking for the Son of Bees bacon by Chuckwagon. Thanks much
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sat Mar 04, 2017 17:12

Welcome to the Forum Berefood!

Sons of Bees recipe is here: http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopi ... =sons+bees

Many more bacon recipes in the Smoked Pork Products Forum.

Just watch the cure amounts with Bacon...it should be no higher than 120ppm.
http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=7410
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Mar 05, 2017 22:39

Hey SmokinOutBack and Berefood, welcome to our forum! Glad you found us! Now get going, grind, stuff, smoke or whatever is your style, and post pics and reports! Any questionsor comments? Shoot! :lol: :lol: