Riders

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Riders

Post by Siara » Mon Nov 29, 2010 13:01

Some more riders here :wink:
Chackwagon, which model of H-D you were ( are ) riding?
I ride Honda Valkyrie. Currently in my garage, as temp. is below 0°C and bit snow.
Few months ago, I spend a day on rented softail, riding around SF.
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
Trosky
User
User

Post by Trosky » Mon Nov 29, 2010 20:20

I not sure but I think CW was seen on this bike :wink:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 09:19

Goodness Gracious Guys! That uh.... bike.... was hand crafted by some carpenter who absolutely cannot weld! :roll: Maybe he's allergic to that great smellin' DC 6010 with rag flux.
Tros my man, where do you come up with all this stuff? After we elect DaveZac president, he will have to install you in his cabinet.
I started riding Harleys in 1965 and actually owned the first model with both kick start AND electric starter. It was called an ElectraGlide of course and was a full dresser. I put so many miles on the thing, I had to tear down and re-bore the engine. I even painted it candy-apple red. It was a looker. Later on I bought a 1989 Low Rider Custom. Finest machine they ever put out. It was 4 inches off the ground with 5 gears and was 1350 instead of 1200 c.c. (Hog). One year, I won a pin from Harley for putting on the most "winter" miles in the nation. I've traveled all over America on the back of a Harley. Then I had to stop riding for a few years while I had a bunch of back operations. What a bummer. Now I know why Doctors call their businesses a "practice". Heck, they've "practiced" on me so many times they should all be professionals by now! :shock:
I really like those Harleys you throw a saddle on and run on alfalfa. They don't have handle bars but they sure have 4 wheel drive!
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
kjuncatman

Post by kjuncatman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 05:56

Gotta love that ol lectra glide. Im a motorcycle mechanic by trade. I think that wood bike might be the ticket. If it broke down you could use it for smoker wood. My current bike is a sportster setup like a dirt tracker. Good for a short blast to blow the stink off.
cure the meat? Is it sick?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 06:22

kajuncatman wrote:
Good for a short blast to blow the stink off.
That is too funny!
There's nothing like seeing the country "in stereo" eh?
What's in your smoker cage man? Got anything special for Christmas?
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
kjuncatman

Post by kjuncatman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 02:01

Ive been wanting to cure some ribs for a while. so the kids are coming home and I making some for early supper late lunch Friday. Right now smoking 2 loins for canadian bacon and a whole sirloin tip cured and rubbed for pastrami. We couldnt decide on christmas dinner. Some of the guests are more delicate than me. Finaly decided on Fried chicken mash taters corn beans relishtray and soforth. Maybe not traditional but cant go wrong with an old yard bird.
ps using the famous CW rib recipe
Merry Christmas to all
cure the meat? Is it sick?
Troski
User
User

Want to go for a bike ride?

Post by Troski » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20

I hope nobody here rides like this. The rider of this bike is definitely a future organ donor. This one made me squirm a more than a little.
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligen ... speed.html
CW don't try this on that wooden bike :wink:
Marz o tym, jakbys` mial wiecznie zyl, zyj jakbys` mial umrzec dzis
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Mar 13, 2011 01:52

My son worked as scrub nurse at shock-trama for two years. He said to me one day , " remember how I used to beg you to let me have a motorcycle? I said yea. He said now I know why you wouldn't allow it. But I bet they would be fun for a while.
Ross- tightwad home cook
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31

This is one of my favourite stories.
My step-grandpa managed to bring back the motorcycle he rode during the conflict in Europe. I was about thirteen when I discovered it, hidden beneath a tarp in one of the many farm buildings. I revealed my find at supper one night and asked if I could ride it. At first there was NO! then, "well if you can start it you can ride it."
They totally misunderstood my proclivity with engines. I flushed the tank, cleaned the feed line, soaked the carburetor in fresh gasoline then put it all together and started kicking it. It took nearly 30 minutes before I got ignition and a further half hour before it was running. I fiddled with the carb for a while after that, then pushed it out of the shed, mounted it and began my great adventure. This old Harley had a gearshift, positioned on the right side of the fuel tank. The clutch was located on the left side pedal. The brakes were activated by hand cables, as I recall the left was rear and the right, front.
So now, ready to go I began driving in a loop through the farmyard, up onto the public road for about 100 yards, then back through the farm.
I never got above 2nd gear but on my 8th or 9th pass through the farmyard, Grandpa`s prize sow appeared, standing right in the middle of the road. I grabbed all of the brakes I could but was unable to avoid the collision.
The result was that I got tossed into the door of the root cellar with a broken collarbone. The sow had to be slaughtered due to her injuries and the `bike` was a write off.
Grandpa never forgave me for this. He had a very unnatural attachment to that pig, (I think.)
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 21:15

Tros, ol' bud!
I'd like to take that "rider" over my knee and spank him.... with a garden rake or an axe! Of all the scatterbrained ideas... That kind of ride on anything but a Harley is pure nonsense! :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Mon Mar 14, 2011 21:34

Jeez Tros,

I totaly missed that link last night. Had I viewed it then, I would not have bored you with my pitifull story.
Now I fully understand the term 'White Line Fever.'

As far as organ donations, anyone who got one of his would have an adrenaline high for 60 years.

Excellent video pal.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Mar 15, 2011 01:41

A picture of Chucky's Dog! His name is "Wrecks."

Drag bike at a local meet. Its name is "Bullet."

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 05:32

Who are you trying to kid Chefofsorts? That animal is actually an "Eastern Utah Rhinoseroushorse" - An animal so tough and dangerous we have to shoot 'em with bazookas just to get their attention! Ordinary rifles won't work. The Rhinoseroushorse is just too resilient! Any caliber under 88 m.m. just ricochets off their hides. And that's not all; the rhinoseroushorse actually flies through the air with the greatest of ease, swinging from limb to limb, yet stumbles over any left over firewood. Don't make one of them mad, as they will follow you home then charge your house and destroy it! They carry a grudge for months and will return at any time, just to do it again... all because they feel so dad-gummed ornery! I can tell you the reason why, but not on this forum. This animal is so dangerous, the only way we can get rid of them is to drive them into the Great Salt Lake and drown them - a hard task, as most of them float quite a while! We have to use helicopters, "stomping" on them repeatedly, just to get them to submerge! Actually they make great sausage, but I've never known many men who would even dare cut one up into pieces, let alone put one through a grinder... even though the animal is dead! For those brave souls who risk life and limb to grind the flesh of the rhinoseroushorse, changing their bent, fractured, and dull grinder blades is quite frequent and sometimes grinding just a few pounds of the stuff requires hours of one`s time! :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Tue Mar 15, 2011 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Mar 15, 2011 06:56

WOW! You may have gone over the top with that one.

You mentioned something about grinding that critter. Well if you check out New Guys thread, Ross says he now has a grinder and will be "grinding chuck."

I'd vewy, vewy careful if I were you. :grin:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 07:06

Did you say..... "Grinding Chuck"?
Yeeeeoowwww... I'm outtta here.... :shock: