A thousand "articles" - way to go guys!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

A thousand "articles" - way to go guys!

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 03:02

Hi Folks, we've just "topped" and surpassed the thousand mark. In one year we have posted over a thousand articles on this great site. Additionally, we just became #10 in Google`s "Top-Ten Preferred" sausage-making sites! Good going folks! Now, lets keep it up. Why? Although none of us profits financially from this website, we are able to help our "fellows" make better meat products and sausages. None of us receives pecuniary compensation from this endeavor... but perhaps - just perhaps... we are able to help someone else! Now, that is worth every bit of effort we put in here! Let's help each other! We may yet be the best and foremost sausage making site on the entire web! Let's do it! Why not join in the fun and post your remarks. Don't be shy. Just tell us what's on your mind! Post your thoughts as well as your tips and recipes, suggestions, or criticism. Let's make some sausage! Now, light the fire in your smokehouse!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 05:53

I feel that this forum can become THE place for folks to go for all things sausage, and even other topics!

I'm excited to be one of the original folks here and look forward to the growth!

In order for this to continue, WE ALL need to continue as we have thus far... Post pics, post recipes, post lessons learned, and most of all, post comments to the others that have posted their creations!

Now, as someone told me not to long ago, all sausage looks the same! Not true!

EACH chef's creation will differ in appearance and in taste. Now granted, we cannot taste the sausage posted here in pictures, but we CAN look and see if that is something we want to try and then post our own results!

I've learned a LOT from the folks here already and we are only at 1000 posts! I can only imagine where we will be this time next year!

Looking forward to seeing, hearing, and experiencing MANY more cooks from our sausage friends as we progress!

Charlie
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 06:09

Thanks Charlie,
Wow, you are just like the first base umpire!
You Calls Em' Likes Youz Seez Em!
I agree Charlie, we can become the very best on the planet!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 06:40

Chuckwagon wrote:Thanks Charlie,
Wow, you are just like the first base umpire!
You Calls Em' Likes Youz Seez Em!
I agree Charlie, we can become the very best on the planet!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
CW, you lead the way sir!

I will back you up as I can. :grin:

I'm not really good at sausage making yet, since I haven't perfected the sausages that dad and the cronies made in the 70s, but I'm learning from folks here!

I'd be willing to bet that we can have a WONDERFUL sausage making team in short time on here given the talent and desire I have seen thus far.

It's been a LONG LONG time since I have been excited about a forum... This one excites me! LOTS of potential, and LOTS of opportunity!

Not quite an umpire, but definitely a player for the team!

Charlie
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Fri Mar 11, 2011 07:41

Hey Cranky,

I agree with everything you've said. This forum can be #1 with a little help from folks like you. Enthusiasm is a major contibutor to success in any enterprise and there is a lot of that here.
In my limited previous experience at 'foruming' I have felt intimidated by the older, more experienced members.
Old dad, (Chuckwagon) brings a warmth to this forum that is unusual and very reassuring to new members. If old Chucky has a flaw, it is clearly his failure to put the one (1) in front of his published age.
Seriously, you and a small cluster of others contribute stongly to the welcoming aspect which will ultimately result in us "kickin' ass" in the future.
With the support of our Polish friends and other knowledgeable contributors, we can not help but kick the 'Maniacs' out of first place, in short order.

If any of you would like to keep track, visit; http://www.topsite.com/best/sausage
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.