Care To Share How You Got Your Handle?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Care To Share How You Got Your Handle?

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 07:04

How Did You Get Your Handle?

Here's a spot to let everyone know how or where you got your name. Take as much time and space as you'd like. Some names are very serious. Some handles are amusing. Some tags are hilarious and some labels are majestic! But, shucks pards, all of 'em tell a story! :smile: Care to share? :?:

Steelchef:
"It would be interesting to know how Y'all got 'handled." Since "Cranky Buzzard" has shared the origin of his 'handle' I feel obliged to share mine. :smile:
Our family(s) watch 'Iron Chef America' faithfully. After a family Asian feast, my granddaughter, (who had been learning about the history of metallurgy in school) remarked that steel was superior to iron so I should be called a steel chef. :roll:
As in Charlie's case, the name stuck and I was kind of proud of it. We all know how Chuckwagon got his name, (he was run over at a rodeo.) :wink:

Chuckwagon:
I see that Mr. Smarty Pants (Steelchef) has already introduced himself. He likes to tell everyone we`re related because I`m so danged good lookin`. He`s also jealous because I "snag all the babes" with my terrific mustache. He once claimed to have aspirations of being a chef because he thought it would add a little spice to his life, but had to give it up, as he just couldn`t find the thyme! Yup, ol` Steelchef tried to stay in the food industry for awhile as he went to work in a Canadian orange juice factory, but I heard he got canned because he couldn`t concentrate! And that`s not all! He once told me that he just hates M&M candies because they are so hard to peel! So, just don`t believe him if he tries to tell you that we are related.

Steelchef:
I hate to drag you into the family fight but here is the real story. Chuckwagon is actually my father. The paternity suit is still tied up in court. That accounts for my good looks and success with the ladies. Fortunately for all of us, I did not inherit the innuendo factor. My proof is that he had to use Spell Checker to confirm the spelling of M&M's. The orange juice bit is equally outrageous as everyone knows that Canadian orange juice drips into containers without the necessity of processing.

Chuckwagon:
Shucks, that big showoff Steelchef is just jealous because... I`m the only one who hears the voices.... :shock: !
I just can`t believe that guy! I gave him a nice tie for his 119th birthday. He took it back to the store and told them that it "fit too tight". :roll: What a guy... He once tried to go water skiing but said he couldn`t find a lake in Canada with a "slope".

Cranky Buzzard:
I got my nickname several years back from a friend's wife that stated, "that cranky buzzard ran me out of his kitchen"! She said this loud enough that EVERYONE in the house heard it, and the name stuck! :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Feb 27, 2011 07:16

Hillarious!

Keep it comin'.

Humor has a way of bringing people together. It unites people. In fact, I'm rather serious when I suggest that someone should plant a few whoopee cushions in the United Nations. ~Ron Dentinger

Whoever Ron is I agree with him.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 08:08

Several years ago I was trimming my "Go-tee" beard and had a big slip and shaved a stripe down the side of my chin. I didn't have many options so I shaved clean only to be met with "Where's the gray goat?, we loved the gray goat" The rest is history :lol:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Feb 27, 2011 08:12

Jeez Gray,

Hope it grew back?

Thanks for sharing!
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Sun Feb 27, 2011 08:26

Well, here it comes mine.

Years ago, when I was just about to create my account on wedlinydomowe.pl I was wondering, which nickname should I register. At the same time, my kids were watching TV. Quite famous polish comedy produced in 1997 and directed by Juliusz Machulski titled "Killer" was on air. I`m not sure if you ever had a chance watching this hilarious movie, but if not, I strongly recommend. Well, this is one of those movies, which you can watch 100 times, and enjoy over and over again. Role played by famous polish actor, satirist and politician Janusz Rewiński, can be considered as his best ( in my humble opinion ). He played a gangster named "Siara", and here we go.
Below is link, to a piece of part II.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYeVtddh-Xg
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Feb 27, 2011 09:03

Cześć/Witaj przyjacielu

I hope that this is an appropriate greeting Siara.

Enjoyed your 'YouTube" clip even though I am "Poleishly Challenged." That's just my way of saying that I did not understand much but definitley caught the humour.
In my youth I was taught that English was and would become the dominant language of the world as it is in aviation. Had I known better I would have become a student of languages.
Unfortunatley I'm a little too long in the tooth to attempt mastering the many languages I would like to converse in.
Suffice it to say that my respect for your country and many others has been elevated by this forum. Thank you for sharing with us.

Colin
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Feb 27, 2011 09:08

So it follows that we can refer to Siara as Gangsta? :grin:
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Sun Feb 27, 2011 15:04

I am rather on the stout side from being well fed and watered. This, and my protective nature for my family, apparently gave me a marked resemblence to the late John Candy in the movie Uncle Buck, so some of the kids that hung out at our place with my kids gave me the name, and it stuck to this day, 20 some years later!!
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Sun Feb 27, 2011 19:56

I see this becoming a very fun topic to follow!

It's funny how a nickname just tends to stick with a fellow!

Charlie
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:43

6'4" 320 Lbs. loud and proud just about says it all. :lol:
tacklebox
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tacklebox » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07

Well, there was a time when I had ALOT of piercings in my face. I still have a few, but nowhere near the 25 or so I used to. I was working as a bartender for a side job, and this biker named 'Santa Clause' kept calling me names, like Pierce, or Pincushion. I said to him "My name is Joe, and unless you can come up with something more original, it's going to stay that way." The next time I saw him he told me I looked like I fell face first into my daddy's tacklebox and liked the way it looked. And that, as they say, is History :cool:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Mar 01, 2011 21:01

Jeez Tacklebuddy,

I think you have stumped the mighty Chuckwagon for a response. I admit to giving it a lot of thought. Given the timing of your posts I would guess that you are still employed in the 'beverage' industry. From that I would guess that you can't be too hard to look at. Therefore I challenge you to post a picture of that face. No photoshopping either.
I'll go first.

I'm the one in the back. I know the girl is better looking but she's a bit younger.

Isn't this forum wonderful.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 00:00

Stumped the Chuckwagon? Never!
Listen Chef-O, just who do you think "Santa Claus" the biker is... you know, the one who actually NAMED Tacklebox! Shucks, it took me 45 minutes of hard thinkin' to come up with such a fine name.

Just look at that little angel sleep! :shock: Hmm, on second thought... he's not asleep! He's PASSED OUT!. :lol:
He kind of reminds one of the old coiled-wire child's toy called a "Slinky"... you'd just love to push him down a stairway! :razz:

heh, heh, heh!
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Wed Mar 02, 2011 00:29

Sorry Dad,

No insult intended! :mrgreen:

It's just that our NB friend 'tacklebox' has tweaked my curiosity.

I live for two things.

#1.The attempt of perfect food preparation, replication, learning (about all things) and sausage making/smoking/BBQ.

#2. Humour, in all forms. Humour will make your life full and sustain your health.

Number two is my number one.

And; you spelled Santa Clause wrong! Busted!

The other thing is the opinion that I am "passed out." Whatever!

Oh, yeah; Mr Slinky and I have an arrangement, if he stays in the toybox, I do not abuse him by the old stair thing. So far it is working well.

You are not the only one who 'hears the voices.' :lol:

Your obedient son,

Humblechef :razz:

BTW, how's your phone/internet connection?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:24

Ho Ho Chef of steel,

Try again. You couldn`t offend me with an axe! And Santa spells his last name "Claus" in America. It`s you Canadians who spell humor using a "u" picked out of the air from somewhere. And yup, you know we Americans drive on the right side of the road, the English on the left, but when I saw you the other day, why were you weaving down the CENTER of the road?