Missing Posts

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Missing Posts

Post by steelchef » Tue Mar 01, 2011 21:58

It seems that from time to time this website (like many others,) has a 'glitch' which results in a variety of missed notifications, unsent messages and other issues.
For instance, last night I received 3 email notifications but when I clicked on the links a window opened which said:

"phpBB by Przemo : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database.
Too many connections"

I mention this not in a complaining manner but to alert everyone that if you do not receive a reply to a PM or regular posting, consider that your message did not get to the intended recipient. Unlike email, the forum does not provide information about undelivered messages.

In summary, if anyone PM'd me last night, after about 7:00PM MST, please resend your message.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Mar 01, 2011 22:59

Another quick tip for newbies like me. Check the dashboard for "New Messages." I overlooked this for some time.

TTFN
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 23:53

Hey Chef-O

I've been getting the same stuff for about 4 days now:

"phpBB by Przemo : Critical Error
Could not connect to the database.
Too many connections"

However, I just thought the site way naturally and normally trying to ban you and I by saying you've "connected" just TOO many times! :lol:
I was going to write in and tell them that YOU STARTED IT! :???: Na-na, Na-na, Naaa-Na!

Anyhow,
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D