[USA]Easter cooking

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 24, 2011 15:36

Chuckwagon wrote:This Canadian Clod if a goofy Nothern Cashew! Only the squirrels have anything to do with the dude!
Hey Chuckchuck!

Alvin says, "Shut up and sing."
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Sun Apr 24, 2011 22:03

Steelchef, he calls himself "Chuckwagon", but I think that his wagon is probably a "stoneboat" dragged by 2 burros in rope harnesses!! Possibilities? :lol:
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 24, 2011 22:52

Pile On folks! :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Apr 25, 2011 01:59

And I was about to commend the food cart for his lemon, rosemary, black pepper and garlic and olive oil rub for roast leg of lamb but maybe this isn't a good time. We'll have some for lunch tomorrow and perhaps I will feel as charitable tomorrow and we will have a lull in the storm. It is pretty good, cut down on the salt I usually slather on.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 09:16

Ross,
You must understand that Steelchef and I are best of friends and we jibe each other to the max. We spend hours on the phone quite often and we tease each other mercilessly... all in good fun. Steelchef is a gentleman and a scholar - and a terrific support and real help to this forum.
Post anytime! That's what WD is here for. Lull in the storm? Uh... is it raining out? :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon

P.S. Did you have roasted lamb for Easter?
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
beardedwonder5

Post by beardedwonder5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26

Chuckwagon? Rock his hammock. He goes to sleep (and shuts up) within seconds.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:48

Chuckwagon, I know that you and the SSchef are the best of friends. I know a couple of big dogs that for all the world sound like they will tear out each others throats and after about five minutes they are laying down and sleeping together.
Yes we had roast lamb and the addition of lemon is a grand idea. I usually use course salt, black pepper, garlic, rosemary and olive oil. but this time I left out the salt and used the lemon zest and juice. I have some other pieces and can't wait to see how it works on the grill.
Ross- tightwad home cook
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Mon Apr 25, 2011 22:02

ssorllih wrote:And I was about to commend the food cart for his lemon, rosemary, black pepper and garlic and olive oil rub for roast leg of lamb .
Chuckwagon - Food cart - too funny Ross.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 02:20

Oh sure..... "food cart" eh?
Well, all I've go to say is... uh.. Gelobsnig.... (the bottom line on my doctor's eyechart!)
And Beardo, "Wonder Dude...Never Shaven In The British Isles", Haven't you removed all that hair yet? Do you need some Burma Shave and a good razor? How about some Colgate and my Bowie Knife! :shock: Hey, your wife probably wouldn't even recognize you eh?
Beard Man of the Atlantic, you must check in more often! We're worried about you. What is under all that stubble? And one more thing... where is your sidekick "Wallie". That ol' "Shipscook" is so cool, we shudder! :shock: BTW... how are things on "that other site" the English Sausagemakin' dot org.? Are you English guys still trying to make a good Polish Sausage? Hey... WD rules! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Tue Apr 26, 2011 04:21

Well I was runnin around pretty good on Easter Sunday and didn't get as many pix as I would have liked but here are a few.

I smoked the beef tenderloin for about 2hrs with apple and hickory then seared it on the gasser.
Some smoked polish sausage I made last week.
Peel and eat shrimp steamed with Old Bay seasoning, cajun seasoning, and lemon butter.
Tenderloin with toast and jalapeno shallot compound butter, sausage gravy with freshly made breakfast sausage, green beans with thick cut bacon chunks.
Mrs. Gray Goat made a killer raspberry and cream cheese Strata.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Apr 26, 2011 05:45

Well GiGi, you've put me to shame. I was positively charged to take pics of our Easter repast but the CRAFT'S disease set in and I have nothing.
Very nice pics of an awesome meal. Congratulations!
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Apr 26, 2011 05:59

I hasten to add that this years ice worms were sensational. We added a wasabi/mustard dip which was a huge hit. The kids also battered and deep fried a few. Very tasty!
beardedwonder5

Post by beardedwonder5 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 15:38

To understand Chuckwagon you have to know about his predelictins. I can only deal with them one at a time: first one - his mother's fermented cactus
juice. The is still bubbling away in root celler number three - which is an old lead mine.

So one day he prevails upon me to go down the mine to test the juice. I got my tuning forks and he his.

(To be continued.)
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Apr 26, 2011 17:23

Well don't stop there Bearded Won. Your small reveal has cleared up a couple of things though. :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 19:24

Gray Goat!
You are a craftsman! Everything looks Sooo good. :grin: The tenderloin must have been pretty tasty, but wow - your kielbasa looks like it was the hit of the party. How many folks did you feed? And... did they know that the sausage was hand-crafted by a pro? The RustChef fed six and I made ribs (by request) for about 20 people. I laughed until I was aching - everyone had BBQ sauce all over their faces. It was a sight.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon