Calander and Kilbassa

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Maz
User
User

Calander and Kilbassa

Post by Maz » Sun May 15, 2011 12:07

Thank you to everyone who made this possible.I took the calander over to my friends mom with some sausage she was as you can see over the moon.( She turned 95 in Feburary.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards,
Maz.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 16, 2011 02:56

Way to go Maz! You just made my whole day. That gorgeous little ol' sweet lady looks pretty happy with that calendar and some great Zulu sausage. What is her name? Can she speak Polish? By the way, that sausage looks terrific too! Wonderful picture Colin! Good on ya mate! Please give her our best regards. Thank you my friend.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 02:01

Hi Colin,
Those vac packed sausages look great. Care to part with the recipe and procedure?
Regards,
Jan.
Brisbane.
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Fri Jun 24, 2011 16:48

It was the Polish sausage from the site ( hot smoked).Cannot find the link have mailed it to you. :smile:
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 17:28

Just to let you know that Maria passed away on the 28th. Glad to have been able to have done something special for her. :sad:
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Mon Oct 31, 2011 17:50

Maz,

I had to read back a bit because this thread was started before I joined the forum.

So sorry to hear Maria passed away, and yes I know how you feel for having done something special for her.

Mag sy in vrede rus.
Ron
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Oct 31, 2011 21:53

Maz, we are always a little richer for have known someone like Maria and it always leaves a hole in our lives when they are gone.
Light a candle for her in my name also.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 07:15

Maz ol` bud,
This news just breaks my heart. Maria was elated when you gave her a Polish calendar and some of your homemade Polish sausages. I know how much you thought of her. I also have no doubt that she thought the world of you. I think Maria was just plain gorgeous! For those who are not aware, Maria came to Maz`s neck of the woods (Kwazulu Natal) as a Polish refugee at the beginning of World War II. May God rest her beautiful soul. I have no doubt that the Creator will have a special place just for this lovely woman.
And Maz, our friend, our hats are off with respect to you sir. We will all share in your loss of this wonderful lady.

Our sincerest condolences,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D