New batch Started , with pic & website

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
toolhawk1
User
User

New batch Started , with pic & website

Post by toolhawk1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 02:38

With the luck I had with my 1st batch, and already going to Butcher Packer to pic up some supplies , and going to the meat wholesaler this is my next try , Spanish Chorizo & Peperone .
I have a website for my Model A's but have a page dedicated to my Meat hobby, feel free to check it out @ http://www.modelaaford.com/sausage_DA04.php ,very new site so still working on it .Please tell me what I am doing wrong and point me in the right direction .

New Batch

uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 03:10

Toolhawk
I went to your site, nice work! I attempted to sign in to the guest book but no go. I will try later.
Nice job on the salamis. Have you tried CW powder keg pepperoni? Good stuff! I have a batch of the poker face pepperoni in the smoker now.
Wally
toolhawk1
User
User

will try that next !! :)

Post by toolhawk1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:26

Will try that next !! how long will dry cured meats keep ? will they keep longer smoked ? can't seem to find that answer in the books . Thanks
toolmann
User
User

Post by toolmann » Mon Sep 12, 2011 20:16

LOOKING GOOD !!! to bad i am in no position to make some at the momentt !!!
good job
BriCan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: will try that next !! :)

Post by BriCan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 09:43

toolhawk1 wrote:Will try that next !! how long will dry cured meats keep ? will they keep longer smoked ? can't seem to find that answer in the books . Thanks
Depends on how dry you make it, I have kept Biltong and Boerewors on the dog house of the truck for over nine months

Salt beef on ships [a tad before my time before the mast] I believe would/could last the whole voyage?

Cold smoking will extend the shelf life of a product, bacon kept in the chimney breast in the old days in the UK would keep a year or longer