Capicola casing question

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
tacklebox
Beginner
Beginner

Capicola casing question

Post by tacklebox » Mon Sep 26, 2011 08:35

There is a member on another site (BBQ) that has posted a question about Capicola casing. I was hoping y'all good fellas could answer it if at all possible?? :grin:

Forkin Pork wrote:There is a special fibrous casing for making capicola.
It comes in sheets and you roll the meat in it, and then put it in a rope casing or net casing.
Does anyone know what Im taking about?
And if so, do you know or does anyone know where you buy it?
Forkin Pork wrote:No, I looked the site over, they don't have it.
It's like collagen sheets of paper and you roll the chunks of meat in it, then slide the netting over that.
I know it's made somewhere, cuz my friend uses it to make the capicola. But he can't even find it anymore.
I'll keep looking thanks.
I do not know of the product that is in question. It sounds to me like it may just be a collagen casing that is sliced open or not formed into a tube. Thanks a bunch for any info. I'll try and get this member to come on over here :mrgreen:
~Joe~

I haven't a clue what I'm doing, but I love playing with my sausage!
Nie mam pojęcia co robię, ale uwielbiam bawić się z moimi kiełbasy!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 09:00

The man to ask is Charlie Taylor. He has a terrific website and if he doesn't know the answer, I don't know who would.
Charlie goes by the handle Cranky Buzzard on our forum. Why not shoot him a message and see what he says? Then let us in on it too! :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D