WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
BriCan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by BriCan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 17:45

Bubba wrote:
crustyo44 wrote: May I ask what is a "Clogwog"? :lol:
An affectionate Australian Slang for Dutch immigrants, same as calling an English person a Limy :lol:

Split from topic by Chuckwagon 10.7.11@00.58 (Did not pertain to topic)
Last edited by BriCan on Fri Oct 07, 2011 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
BriCan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by BriCan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 05:26

I hear you Jan, there are toughs out there who use small words proving that they have small minds and on the other hand there are some that try and use big words to try and prove they are educated but again with the same results :roll:

As for the snags there is always a new one on the go, the word is out and special requests are coming in the latest is to produce jinhua hams for a high end client.

Did you ever get the twine? if not mail me as a friend is flying to Sydney on Monday

Regards

Robert

Split from topic by Chuckwagon 10.7.11@00.58 (Did not pertain to topic)
Last edited by BriCan on Fri Oct 07, 2011 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Nov 20, 2011 20:46

My favorite sailboat rigger says that you should never give a straight answer when a smartass answer will work.
Today my sister told me that all of the turkeys for table are artificially inseminated. I know what she meant but I replied "Not the toms".
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 22:23

Yup ol' pard, but as they say here in the west,
"A smart ass just doesn't fit in the saddle..."
Shucks Ross, I think I'm in love with your sailboat rigger! SHE must be a great Gal! eh?

Best Wishes,
Chuko-WagonWheel-smokeyTrack!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 00:35

Hey Crusty... my wife is of the same mind as yours! What is the matter with them anyway? Why don't they realize that the world's greatest minds are tangled together in sausage making?

Perhaps we should just mail them off to the planet Pluto with plenty of postage... :roll: Then us "men folk" could get down to serious business - you know... baseball and sausage! Is there really anything else in life as important? :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 03:47

Hi CW,
Maybe our wifes should be introduced to each other so they can cry on each others shoulder.
My pommie wife complains all the time about being married to an outspoken old Dutchman and now the sausage making, curing, smoking an hobby distilling as well.
Man, life isn't worth living anymore!!
I got a few more batches of sausages planned before Christmas though, complaints or no complaints.
I wear the pants around here!!! Oooops!!
Regards,
Jan.
Brisbane.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02

Sure you wear the pants...... ha ha ha.... just like me....
I wear the pants in my family too. As long as I get her permission to do so! :roll:
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 23:31

CW,
Are you a man or a mouse.?
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 23:59

A MOOSE! :lol:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

My make shift stuffer

Post by ssorllih » Thu Nov 24, 2011 19:01

I know that some of you have seen this from a past post but I bring it back for two reasons.
One, It works very well for small batch occassional work
and two, The force needed to push the plunger I paid attention to today. The plunger has a cross sectional area of 7 square inches. The outlet tube is 1.375 inside diameter with an area of not quite 1.5 square inches. Today I was pushing ham sausage with chunks of lean about an inch cube. The force on the plunger was probably in the order of 50 to 60 pounds.
If it were pushed by water pressure it would only require about 10 PSI water pressure to move the sausage mass through this size tube. All city water systems are set above 50 psi and most domestic systems turn the pump on when the pressure drops below 40 psi.
I made this stuffer with 3 inch pvc pipe because I knew that would be the limit that I could push. a 4 inch pipe would work in the same way but would hold almost twice as much meat.
Here is the early picture. Image
Ross- tightwad home cook
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Fri Nov 25, 2011 13:27

That would be very easy to clean and as you said works ideal for a small batch.

I'm thinking of building something similar for sample batches. One major plus of course is the cost, adding up the material shown roughly it would be maximum $ 10.00 with small change.
Some home DIY people may even already have these parts in their shed.
Ron
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Nov 28, 2011 17:24

Mine was the batch that failed. I still have it in the cold storage determining whether to grind it for bird food or fish bait.
Very good summary CW.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Nov 30, 2011 21:32

I got some of the failed sausage out and cut it into chunks and put it out on a feeder. When i got home the afternoon there was a large hawk busy with a piece of it. I have seen this guy before when I had a turkey carcase out there last year.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 00:01

A turkey carcass Ross? :shock: Yikes! Did some poor turkey eat some too? :roll:
Har, har, har! :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Dec 01, 2011 04:54

The turkey died a violent death at the hands of a murderous scoundrel that whacked off its head with an axe and then dipped it into very hot water and tore all of the feathers off its poor body and the to add insult to injury he cut it open and spilled its intestines out into a tub, He cut off the feet so that no one could identify it by its foot prints and wrapped it in a plastic body bag and SOLD it for meat to a carnivorous mammal. Can you imagine?
Ross- tightwad home cook