WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 19:10

Steelchef,
I don't know how "deepfully inciteful person I am" :lol: but the lock and load should not be a big problem :wink: And yes I have really enjoyed finding this forum and the knowledge so far has amazed me.
John
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 23:04

Hi JB,
Just how did you find this forum. Web searching or was it recommended to you?
This branch of WD is only a year old.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 23:10

OK Maz,
Now you've GOT to tell us about your handle. And I love the handle you chose on the "other site". I won't divulge it here, respecting your animomunuuitomunousity. :shock:
Just where did the "Maz" come from?

Oh, by the way... your calendars haven't come yet. I'm still waiting to receive them. By the time I ge them shipped to Zululand, the year just may be coming to an end! :roll:
Maybe I'll hire a guy with a bicycle and a canoe to hand deliver them to you. :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Apr 02, 2011 00:07

late calenders are okay. just think about how much you can save on postage by tearing off the pages that are already used up.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 04:46

:lol: :lol: :lol:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 05:25

Oh Good!

Chuckwagon is back on his meds. Those Smileys are a dead giveaway.

If he follows through, we may have some lucid communication by mid-week.

Waydago Chuckeroo! :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:00

Chuckwagon, if I had known that i would live this long I would have taken better care of myself. I am an experiment to check if a life of dissapation is harmful. I have four boring brothers that I can use as controlls.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:13

Now listen here Woodchef, if I ever agreed with you on anything, we`d both be wrong! :razz:

Did you folks know that Chef-O was arrested? Yep, he pressed his mug up against the door-window at the RCMP Police Station and they tossed him in the crowbar calaboose for "mooning"! When his wife came to bail him out, the Desk Sergeant said, "Mam, he`s a real treasure isn`t he?". She simply replied, "Yes, and I think I`ll bury it". :lol:

Hey Chef-O, when are you going to stop wearing that polka-dot underwear under those white tennis shorts? And you should know better than to sneeze when the barber is cutting your hair. Yes, yes, yes... chefofthenorth, you`re a prime example of a man who has proven that growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional. Shucks pards, Chef-o never did really grow up... he only learned how to act in public... sort of!
Off my meds eh? You, you... Canadian capricious catastrophe! Only YOU would test the depth of the water with BOTH feet! :shock:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:16

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 07:31

Shucks Ross,
When a cowboy is too old to set a bad example, he hands out good advice. :roll: So I always try to pass on a little "Western Wisdom" whenever the opportunity arises or I fall off my horse. Being drug around the cacti by a broke-wind broomtail all these years, I`ve found that a word to the wise is unnecessary. However, I`ve learned that you can`t keep trouble from visitin`, but you don`t have to offer it a chair! And lettin` the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin` it back in. Sittin` round a poker table, I learned a faint heart never filled a flush, but a full house divided ain`t ta gonna win no pots. Success isn`t how many aces you`ve drawn, it`s the size of the hole a man leaves when he dies. Next, I learned to never mention "rope" in the home of a hanged man!
And never...ever - never, never, and I mean never in a thousand years, mention to your wife that her turkey was "a little overcooked"! The consequences are worse than spending a month in jail with a wounded hypochondriac! :shock:
Never kick a cow chip on a hot day...and don`t slap a man who is chewin` tobacco.
In conclusion, always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's good to know what it was! And Ross... never squat while you`re a wearin` yer` spurs! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 08:05

Bravo Mr. Wagon,

This is wisdom of the deepest metre.

Oh Ross, I had no idea that you wear spurs. Right on man!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 09:17

Hi John,

The northern nut has written:
You are obviously a deepfully incitefull person.
Unlike that snowbound showoff, I believe you are an insightful person, intuitively grasping the inner nature of things - not the inciteful person whom Chef-O has accused you of being, provoking an incentive for action. Please forgive the Canadian Clod, as he mistakenly believes he is my son. You see, a few years ago he wore his new fairy-Godmother tutu and his pointed cowboy boots downtown. On the sidewalk in front of the Main Street Theater, he turned a piroutette and screwed himself into the cement!
He`s evidently hearing the voices again. What bothers me is that sometimes he takes a megaphone outside to answer them! The poor man has been run down by several locomotives over the years, all of which have backed up, intentionally taking detours to purposely chase him down.
Be afraid John... Be very afraid! :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:31

Actually it was both (web search and reccomended)! When I began my information quest on how to make my own Sausage I did a goggle search and found it first that way. I also belong to a about.com forum on Eastern European foods and one the members of that forum suggested that I look into Stan's Book and sugested that I go to his web site and she put the link there for me. When I went by that link I realized that I had book marked it previously, and that got me to look at the site more closely and hence I notice the forum buttom at the bottom of the page.
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35

Chuckwagon,
I kust thought that was the Canadian way of spelling it and or his spelling ability is as bad as mine! Ay :lol: Thats the one thing this site need (for me) is a spell checker app. :roll: :wink:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 19:48

:evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen: