I learn that some people have challanges that get concealed.

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

I learn that some people have challanges that get concealed.

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jan 04, 2012 02:39

The computer has been a boon for me because I have an innate problem called dysgraphia. When I put pen to paper I mix upper and lower case letters cursive and printing all in one word. I learned today of another problem called dyscalculia. This is an innate inability to comprehend and work math problems.
For most of us math may be a minor challange but those of us that have difficulty figuring how to determine the salt, cure and spice for anything different than a kilogram please ask us to check your numbers and we will gladly and cheerfully help you to get them right . Meat cost some animal its life and it is only fair that we make certain that we convert that life into good food. Please don't guess that the numbers and times are correct, ask someone to check your figures .
Good grinding and smoking.
Ross
Ross- tightwad home cook
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 03:02

Thanks Ross
I'm never to shy to ask for help, thats why i'm here in the first place. My x-wife say's i;m beyond help but hey what does she know :mrgreen:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jan 04, 2012 03:08

My son was having a problem with a math concept and I worked with him for about a month before the lights came on. That's when he said "Oh, Well why couldn't my teacher have told us that"? Because she didn't have a month to work with just one kid.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Dutch
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Dutch » Wed Jan 04, 2012 03:42

My wife thinks I'm over compulsive in the area of measurements. I'll measure everything a couple of different times and set them out in separate small bowls (in my culinary background this is called "mes en plas" and this is even after reading the ingredients list several times over.

She on the other hand measures and dumps as she goes and that suits her fine.

Ross, I have a fellow that works for me that has to deal with dysgraphia, he'll labor over a report for hours before he lets me read it. I can pretty much make out what he writes and I find that when I write something in a hurry (like note taking of someones statement) they too are a mix of upper and lower case letters.
I thought I had a handle on life until one day the handle fell off.
†
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jan 04, 2012 04:06

We throw spaces in thre re al so when you woul dleast expect them .
Ross- tightwad home cook