A skiff of snow... where's my horse?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

A skiff of snow... where's my horse?

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 19:32

Another skiff of snow here today. That's not what is bothering me. Ol' Patch is saddled and under this skiff of snow - hiding from me - always playin' games! What an animal! Here Patch! Here Patch!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 20:14

Wow looks like the weatherman called for some snow flurries in the forecast again :mrgreen: Hope you find Patch :wink:
Stay Warm
John
Swallow
User
User

Post by Swallow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 22:42

Hey Chuck I think that he's up here in my pasture, at least it looks like the kinda beast yall might be ridding.ya know all sway backed and moth eaten sorta, hell I've seen sharks with shorter teeth than this ole oat burner. easy to see why yuh call it Patches, guess it's to cover up all of the bald spots huh.

Cripes up here in Sunny Manitoba Canada I wouldn't have enough snow on the whole farm to fill One dump truck. This has been the weirdest winter since 1980, but it's good for my deer herd, all of the does will be throwing twins and triplets this year.

Haven't had to fire up the tractor and blower once this winter cuz like there is zero snow on the yard. Weird.

Swallow
Retirement is easy , but Yuh really have to work at it sometimes.
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Thu Feb 16, 2012 22:50

Dang, CW!
Is that what they mean by 'white-out'?!

Obviously, the term 'long,cold winter' has a different meaning around these parts.... :wink:

A hiking trail just up the road from my place of work. A bit chilly (34°) in the morning....
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 23:26

Hey NorCalKevin,
What's all that green stuff along the side of the road? Some new kind of mold? Dang, I've got to get off this mountain once in a while. I forgot what the rest of the world looks like!

Swallow wrote:
it looks like the kinda beast yall might be ridding.ya know all sway backed and moth eaten sorta,

Swallow, you ol' salty dog! Patch might be a little swaybacked alright but you'll never see another hoss quite like her... you see... she's got a steering wheel! :shock: I don't even use reins. No spurs anymore either... I just whisper in her ear before we go anywhere... you know... the recipe for makin' glue! :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Swallow
User
User

Post by Swallow » Sat Feb 18, 2012 00:22

Right Chuck, I still think it's Patches out in me pasture, First i thought that she'd thrown a shoe or sumthin but it's probably just a FLAT. I'll go out an check the brand and if it's from the Circle FORD ranch i'll know why you have to keep talkin GLUE to keep her runnin.

Swallow
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 04:36

Oh oh, Circle Ford Ranch? Uh... Swallow, do you know something I don't?
And, yes we've got two more snowstorms on there way here. I'm just startin' to get worried about the cowboy who was standin' up on Patch's saddle during that last storm. :roll:
Swallow
User
User

Post by Swallow » Sat Feb 18, 2012 06:58

Two more snow storms? Shucks darn pard, sorry tuh hear that, up here in Canada with ole Stephan Harper as prime minister we're to close to hell to worry about no stinking snow storms, cuz like it's far too hot underfoot fer the snow to stay fer any amount of time.

I'll be sendin Patches home shortly, juz as soon as I've changed her brand to somethin respectable like Land Rover or Toyota even.

On a side note I can send yuh a bunch o snow shovels Cheeap or we can trade Washington and Ottawa Bull Sh%t shovels fer all the good it does. Last I heard Washington shovels weren't worth the crap they could hold, how about a two fer one deal?

Swallow
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 08:44

Wow! I went looking for my horse on Swallow's farm up in Manitoba when I ran into Swallow himself out in his south pasture on his new 4-wheel drive snow vehicle... waiting for it to snow so he could try it out. I just had to take this picture of him so I could share it with all you good folks! Swallow said he wasn't coming in for dinner until it snowed! I think ol' Swallow is still out there in the dark... with a couple of slipped cogs!

Swallow
User
User

Post by Swallow » Sun Feb 19, 2012 15:54

Yeah Yeah Yeah CW, normally I just sweet talk em real close before I lasso em but in the case of yer fillie I figured that I would need something just a little more high powered in case she tried to bolt or sumthin. She kin run but she can't hide. Yee Haw.
And BTW thats an old pic of the prototype, I've since outfitted it with a Massive 5.2 hp Briggs&Stratton Scotch fueled Power house.

Swallow