Polish Version of this site

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
BenjaminTaylor
Beginner
Beginner

Polish Version of this site

Post by BenjaminTaylor » Wed May 30, 2012 06:27

I recently found out that if you type the URL in google translate that it will translate entire webpages. I posted a few times on the forum. Anyone else go to the Polish site and post?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 30, 2012 06:56

Benjamin, if you click on the flag in the upper right hand corner, it will take you directly there. I use the translating feature every day. Click on the Szkola Domowego Masurstwa emlem beneath the flag, and it will take you directly to the Polish School Of Meatcutting and Sausagemaking. Our Polish friends on the "home" site are the most helpful and friendly folks in the world. Especially the moderators - they are unique! There are also videos for you to see. Check out the resources list (sticky topic) in Hyde Park to find them.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Małgoś
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Małgoś » Wed May 30, 2012 06:59

Chuckwagon wrote:Our Polish friends on the "home" site are the most helpful and friendly folks in the world
right, of course .. :lol:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 31, 2012 03:58

Yup! Especially my sweet, sweet, Malgos (Margaret). :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Thu May 31, 2012 04:05

I've lurked a few times over there. I'm always afraid to post because Google translate can be iffy... definitely different conversations than occur over here.
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu May 31, 2012 05:45

I check the Polish site regularly since I can communicate reasonably well in Polish. I posted there a handful of times. Lots of good information there from experienced home meat preparers. I have tried the translation utility and while you can usually get the gist of the text, the translation is often jumbled and goofy. Computer translation programs are definitely better than the early versions of Babel Fish, but still have a ways to go.

There is a lot of banter on the Polish forum, mostly good-natured, but not always. Poles always have strong opinions and love to get into an argument. Some of the threads are quite entertaining.