"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Sep 03, 2012 13:47

I order my spice frrom here:http://www.a1spiceworld.com/
Ross- tightwad home cook
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Thu Sep 13, 2012 17:10

I just purchased a new vacuum sealer and bags from here:
http://www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/
Lisa was most helpful and got my order to me for my chicken processing this weekend.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Sep 13, 2012 21:05

For short term packaging try the product "Press'N'Seal food wrap. lay the sheet sticky side up and the piece of meat on then fold the sheet over and press out the air. I have used this method for up to three months now with excellant results.
Ross- tightwad home cook
YooperDog
Beginner
Beginner

Sausage casing

Post by YooperDog » Sun Apr 14, 2013 23:25

I found this commercial casing company willing to sell to hobbyists. I have been trying to find a good supplier of casings and found this company. The prices were better than I could get at the butcher and good quality. Just have to send them a note to get them to email you a current price sheet.

http://naturalcasingco.com/products.html
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 05:59

Got it. It's in the index. Thanks Yooper.
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Credit where due A1 Spice World

Post by ssorllih » Tue Apr 30, 2013 16:29

I placed an order with A1 Spice World, http://www.a1spiceworld.com/ This morning about 10 O'clock and received and email stating the my order was shipped at about 11 O'clock. Their pricing is good.
Ross- tightwad home cook
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Wed May 01, 2013 13:50

A good Canadian source of whole or freshly ground spices, a plethora of sausage & jerky spices, along with a complete line of butchering & processing equipment. Shipping is prompt and service is excellent.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/eSour ... lV1BS.aspx
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu May 02, 2013 20:58

The order that I placed on Tuesday morning arrived in today's mail.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 03, 2013 07:39

That's a good outfit Ross. I've used them in the past and was really satisfied with the products and the service too. Can't ask for more than that :wink: .
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Sun Jan 19, 2014 19:37

If anyone knows of resources in Uruguay (I know, I know, everyone is hearing Homer Simpson right now as he looks at a globe or you are thinking "Where's that?") I'd be super appreciative of getting the info. It's very difficult to find spices and curing salts. Ok, I've not found the curing salts. Since things do not have the same names due to this being a Spanish speaking country, AND Uruguayans have their own Spanish dialect and names for things, well it's quite nerve racking searching.

Thanks much!
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Apr 04, 2014 18:01

DelNorte wrote:Well amazing things do happen in Uruguay! The package Ray sent arrived :!: :!: :!: UNOPENED! :shock: Maybe it's because the Uruguayans don't use but maybe 3-5 different spices and they had no interest in Customs. I really don't care. I'm so happy to have some Instacure!quote]

Hey, remember the $25 I spent on postage to send that package to you? You said you were going to reimburse me for that, and it's been 37 days since you received it. Oh well, just another lesson learned the hard way. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:27

sawhorseray wrote:Hey, remember the $25 I spent on postage to send that package to you? You said you were going to reimburse me for that, and it's been 37 days since you received it. Oh well, just another lesson learned the hard way. RAY
Really!? We are having a discussion in public like children?

Ok, so just to let EVERYONE and you know - YESTERDAY I was finally able to have payment sent to you. Keep an eye on your mail Ray! Oh and to let everyone know, RAY is being sent $75 to pay for the shipping and his time and the spices!

You and I made a big mistake from the beginning, being very naive in how easy it is to pay someone for something internationally, and NEVER made sure to arrange a payment method BEFORE doing this. You assumed that everyone can just write a check and matters are taken care of, or that everyone has relatives to ask favors of. I assumed every red blooded American had Paypal accounts. There's a saying about ASSUME - never assume because it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

I for one never thought that I'd have such a problem. I've busted my ass trying to find a method. I couldn't find a single place to buy a Visa Gift Card (or any other credit card company) who would sell one internationally. Do you know why? They send the buyer the activation code to give to the recipient. I also did not want to hassle you with having to go to a Western Union office to pick up your money.

If it had been my goal from the beginning to dupe you of your good deed Ray, I could have very well said the package never arrived.

So everyone who had the unfortunate privilege of seeing a public temper tantrum, please learn from the situation. I wholeheartedly apologize for my involvement and you having to witness adults acting like children.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Apr 10, 2014 01:27

Hey, when it was all coming down I said to just send me a twenty and five dollar bill in a Xmas card. The fact that I had to PM you after five weeks to ask if you were going to reimburse me for the postage spoke for itself. If I owe someone money, I pay it that day. Look at the date, you got the stuff on Feb 27, I haven't received a thing back, it's April 9. I asked for nothing more than the money I spent for postage, it's really not my problem if you haven't any friends or family who think your good for twenty five bucks. I'll be thrilled to receive payment when it arrives, thank you very much, I guess. Of course we won't be doing this again RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

DelNorte Comes Thru

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Apr 11, 2014 19:33

A postal money order for the sum of $75 just arrived registered mail from a woman in South Carolina reimbursing me for spices and postage on Delnorte's behalf. As I only wanted the $25 postage I spent I've made a $50 contribution to the Disabled American Veterans fund. I thank you for my reimbursement Delnorte, and the DAV thanks you also. All's well that ends well. RAY
ericrice
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ericrice » Fri Apr 11, 2014 20:36

Having followed the string from the start I couldn`t help but think what started as a wonderful gesture among acquaintances that had never met in person so quickly turned bad for all to see. I say that not to fault anyone, just looking back through how and where this started it's such a shame how it ended and that the bonding across borders and goodwill got lost in the background.

Again, no taking sides here - just think there is a lesson (or few) for us all to learn - good, bad and ugly!!
Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric