"Angry Bird" Hot Dogs

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

"Angry Bird" Hot Dogs

Post by el Ducko » Fri Jul 06, 2012 04:04

"Angry Birds" Hot Dog Recipe
First item: check Chuckwagon's recipe for "Hobble Creek Hot Dogs" at http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=2249#2249 . The following is a modification of his all-beef recipe.

2nd: Substitute pork for beef.

3rd: For the pepper, substitute whole peppercorns from one of them overpriced fancy multi-colored peppercorn mixes sold at overpriced fancy household goods stores.

4th: When you stuff, stuff gently so as not to break the peppercorns.

Now for the fun. :mrgreen: You've played "Angry Birds," right? If not, you may be the only one left in the galaxy who hasn't. This game runs on iPads and tablets and whatnot, and is the best thing since the invention of dental floss for occupying, NO! ...completely consuming, your free time.

In the recipe, the red peppercorns represent the red birds, the black ones represent the fat blackbirds that you lob into the pigs' fortress and then blow up, the yellowish ones (actually coriander seeds, but who cares?) represent the triangular guys who you click on to speed up, the white peppercorns are the ones that you shoot into a high lob and click on to drop a bomb... And, of course, the pork signifies the pigs who, in the game, have stolen the birds' eggs.

Good luck! Tell me what point level you reach.
Hint: peppercorn fragments occasionally get caught in your teeth. (Double points.) :lol:
Extra bonus points: Teenage offspring get a bonus if the peppercorns get stuck in their braces. (Hilarity :cool: ensues.)
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:42

Duck, you are a dreadfully sick man. :shock: Are you off your meds again? Was that you whom I saw marching in the 4th Of July Parade in your "fairy Godmother" costume with leotards? And what's with the pointed pink ballet shoes? Don't you realize you could do a pirouette and screw yourself right into the asphalt? :roll: Oh, you poor, misunderstood individual. At your advanced age don`t you get tired of people pointing, staring, and throwing rocks? If you want pork frankfurters, all you have to do is scroll down the page to "Lone Peak Longhorns". Now "cowboy up" and take off "them there" leotards and put yer' boot back on!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
story28
Passionate
Passionate

Post by story28 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 02:43

This is by far the most wild/creative/clinically insane idea I have, or ever will hear, related to this craft. You deserve points for that.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Jul 07, 2012 04:57

Wow! Thanks. ...and I bet you've seen a lot of insane ideas, living in DC. :mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 01:06

4th: When you stuff, stuff gently so as not to break the peppercorns.
:shock:

CW
I think the Duck has lost it, to much pink salt for him :wink:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 04:32

Uwanna wrote:
I think the Duck has lost it, to much pink salt for him
I'm afraid he's got heat stroke!
I talked him into cooling off by going water skiing, but he said he couldn't find a lake down there in Texas with a slope on it! :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30

:mrgreen: Oh my! I laughed so much and about fell of my chair reading this! :mrgreen:

Steve Jobs would have been proud of this recipe, and Bill Gates very envious because he did not think of it first!

Picking myself up off the floor, I wondered about the over-consumption side effects of Himalayan pink salt :shock:
Ron
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sun Jul 08, 2012 15:48

Hmmmmmm......
Hadn't thought of that- - Himalayan pink salt versus cure #1 pink salt. My wife has a big crystal of the Himalayan stuff in our living where, lighted, it gives off a pleasant new-age glow and corrodes everything in sight. Then again, there's cure #1 which is mostly salt, dyed pink so people will think it's not salt unless they're Himalayan. As the Buddhist monks would say,
"Hmmmmmm......"
(Hum that annoying little music from the game while you ponder. :mrgreen: )