Ah ! The smell of it all !

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Ah ! The smell of it all !

Post by snagman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 02:50

Spent the last two months living in a small town in Hungary, and the daily visit to the local market meant walking past these shops, crammed full of all kinds of smoked meats, sausages and various smallgoods. Much of the smoked sausage was displayed in district of origin, which meant that each had a distinguishing flavour, proudly preserved over many many years. I thought it may interest forum members to see a couple of photos.....
For those on a diet, note the container of rendered pork fat to the left of the second photo. Yummmm !

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 03:31

Hey Gus, you world traveler! Sounds like you had a great time. Are you back home in Sydney now? Always great to be back home eh? Those photos are amazing. All I can say is, "Mmamammammaaaa". Did you buy any casabai? I'll bet it wasn't as good as the stuff you make eh? Thanks for posting pal! Nice to have you back.
In just a short while, Project B will be using your recipe for Hungarian Sausage. Will you be available to show us the finer points?
Did you bring home some real Hungarian paprika or do the import laws restrict it?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 03:43

Hey Chuckwagon !
Thank you, happy to be back, and more than happy to be involved in the project in whatever way I can. I tasted many smoked sausages, some from those shops, some from licensed home producers, they were by far the best. Can't say mine is better for fear of being a self promoter ! Yep, brought home 4 kilos of the best village produced paprika - leaves the commercially produced paprika way behind. In the next little while I will be working on a newer version of my smoked Csabai using the new paprika, and report the results in due course.
Regards to you CW and to all members !
Gus
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 05:01

That's awesome!
Godspeed!

Bob