For my Birthday

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

For my Birthday

Post by Big Guy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:03

I made some Bierwurst and Bottled some Zinfandel sampling for quality control was required..

BierWurs chubs

vac packed

zin bottled

Col. Big Guy
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:32

Like my son would say
Way Cool Big Guy
&
Happy Birthday
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 01:43

Happy Birthday Big Guy!
Let's see now... you can probably remember when Ontario fought in the Civil War, right? :roll: Hey, just how old are you? Maybe we should treat you like an old tree and saw you in half then count all the rings! :shock:
So, do you get to barbecue for Mace on your birthday? Have a great day pal.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Nov 03, 2012 02:26

Happy birthday BG! With all that zin looks like it's gonna be an all nighter!
And CW where the heck did you study history? Ontario in a civil war? There was the Upper Canada Rebellion in 1837 but it was quickly suppressed by the British controlled government. We Canucks may occasionally fight over beer and when we play hockey but it never escalates :smile: into a war. :smile:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Nov 03, 2012 03:17

I won't say he is old but he was a colonel when I charged up San Jaun Hill with Teddy.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Sat Nov 03, 2012 04:35

Looks wonderful !
Can't beat good sausage and wine !
Godspeed!

Bob
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Nov 03, 2012 17:52

I never knew grapes grew in Canada. Hope you had a great B-Day!
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Nov 03, 2012 18:20

Ray, Ray, Ray. You gotta get out more often! Here on the wet coast we have a flourishing wine industry and there are also excellent wines produced in Ontario's Niagara Peninsula.
Even here on on Vancouver Island, where we normally have long dry summers, there are several quality growers and vintners.http://www.winesofcanada.com/bc.html

But because of the cost of all alcohol products in Canada, many people, myself included make our own wine. I make mine from fresh refrigerated California juice that has to be pre-ordered and picked up in September.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Nov 03, 2012 22:49

:neutral:
redzed wrote:...We Canucks may occasionally fight over beer and when we play hockey but it never escalates :smile: into a war. :smile:
Seeing as how this is a sausage making forum, what about the "Pig War" of 1859? :neutral:
With no human casualties, this dispute was a bloodless conflict. ...unlike many hockey fights. :grin:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Nov 04, 2012 01:28

el Ducko wrote::neutral:
redzed wrote:...We Canucks may occasionally fight over beer and when we play hockey but it never escalates :smile: into a war. :smile:
Seeing as how this is a sausage making forum, what about the "Pig War" of 1859? :neutral:
With no human casualties, this dispute was a bloodless conflict. ...unlike many hockey fights. :grin:
You are right Ducko, and I totally forgot about that one. It has not made it into Canadian textbooks yet. And San Juan is a beautiful island, we spent a couple of days cycling around the place three years ago. But Canadians did participate in a couple of other pig battles: the Boer Wars. :smile:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:23

And CW where the heck did you study history? Ontario in a civil war?
Why.... I'm surprised at you Red! Those courageous Ontarians helped US fight OUR civil war. Shucks, just who do you think kept the Viet Cong from crossing the Mason-Dixon Line anyway? I just have one question... How is it possible to have a "civil" war? :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Nov 04, 2012 17:09

Chuckwagon wrote:
And CW where the heck did you study history? Ontario in a civil war?
Why.... I'm surprised at you Red! Those courageous Ontarians helped US fight OUR civil war. Shucks, just who do you think kept the Viet Cong from crossing the Mason-Dixon Line anyway? I just have one question... How is it possible to have a "civil" war? :roll:
Thanks for the explanation CW. This forum is quickly becoming an all-round education centre for me.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sun Nov 04, 2012 17:10

Chuckwagon wrote:I just have one question... How is it possible to have a "civil" war? :roll:
Ans: ...with the same logic that they renamed the 'War Department' to 'Defense Department,' then started declaring war against various countries. :roll:

Some day, hopefully, the only PTSD we'll have is:
Peace Through Sausages, Deliciously :???: :wink:
Meanwhile, Support Our Troops (...and bring 'em home soon.)(...and employ 'em!)
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.