Sharing knowledge

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Sharing knowledge

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:23

This forum has been established to share the knowledge and rich history of sausage making and meat processing. There are many people participating in this forum both here in the US and also in Poland.
I have searched the Internet for other similar forums and resources and have not been able to find any group that is more friendly and civil and more concerned with keeping everybody safe. We all know that the tools of the trade make the job easier but the skills of the worker make the product perfect.
Excellent product can be made in the most basic conditions by skilled and knowledgeable craftsmen but the most modern and complete shop will only make average product without having skilled and knowledgeable workers.
We often have new members and sometimes old hands asking for a bit of advise or for a recipe. It is probable that for each question asked by one member a dozen others have been reluctant to ask, so a public answer will benefit many and sometimes it will even get a thanks in reply.
Ross- tightwad home cook
NorthFork
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by NorthFork » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:08

Well said, and Thank you--
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Fri Jan 04, 2013 02:18

Ross, you are the prototypical American. There are other nationalities on this forum other than yourself!!! You have turned this forum from a source of information to a social site, and as a result I seldom visit or post to this site any more. Stick with facebook.
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jan 04, 2013 02:45

Buck, I don't comprehend your response or the hostility. Perhaps you could be patient enough to explain.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jan 04, 2013 03:09

Buck I just looked at all of your posts and your average hasn't changed much in the two years we have been on this forum. I can't imagine that I have been such a powerful influence that it has inhibited your creative ability. You posted just recently concerning a windfall of large pipe that has become available to you for a large cooker and I suggested a posible source of heavy duty wheels should you need them. I haven't inquired concerning your ankles because I figured if you want to tell us about them you would. I don't know the names of your children or how many there may be. If I am guilty of turning this site into a social forum then I am afraid that I would be very poor company.
Ross- tightwad home cook
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Fri Jan 04, 2013 04:48

unclebuck wrote:Ross, you are the prototypical American.
I think Uncle Buck is on to something.

Ross is indeed kind, has a sense of humor, willing to share not only his efforts with others generously, but also his experience and opinions as well.

Makes me proud to be called an American too.
Nice call, Buck. :grin:

Kevin
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jan 04, 2013 05:38

Thanks , Kevin.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 07:03

Ross for President! :mrgreen:
Keep doing just what you're doing pal. Don't change a thing Ross. You are vital to the flow of this forum and we VERY much appreciate it. :wink:
Prototypical American? I hope so. Ross is a caring, mature, altruistic friend to everyone here.

Buck, you wrote:
You have turned this forum from a source of information to a social site, and as a result I seldom visit or post to this site any more.
Lighten up, Buckster! We are in "Hyde Park" here. In this forum we can "talk about anything as long as it doesn't break the rules".
Carry on ssorllih!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Jan 04, 2013 07:21

Chuckwagon wrote:Ross for President! :mrgreen:
Keep doing just what you're doing pal. Don't change a thing Ross. You are vital to the flow of this forum and we VERY much appreciate it. :wink:
Prototypical American? I hope so. Ross is a caring, mature, altruistic friend to everyone here.

Buck, you wrote:
You have turned this forum from a source of information to a social site, and as a result I seldom visit or post to this site any more.
Lighten up, Buckster! We are in "Hyde Park" here. In this forum we can "talk about anything as long as it doesn't break the rules".
Carry on ssorllih!
I agree whole-heartedly! Ross is a big part of what makes this site what it is, and this site is absolutely fantastic. That's the wonderful thing about America, and the internet. If someone doesn't like the format or what's going on, all they have to do is go somewhere else. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”