Source for 26mm collagen casings, ship to Malaysia

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Thewitt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Source for 26mm collagen casings, ship to Malaysia

Post by Thewitt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 14:05

I'm looking for a source for 26mm collagen casings who will ship to Malaysia for a reasonable shipping charge.

It doesn't matter to me where in the world they come from, however I don't want to pay more for shipping than the product costs...

One supplier will only ship UPS worldwide to Malaysia, and that's $120 for a $9 order...

I'm doing product development for a potential customer and he has decided 28mm is too large.

Thanks,

-t
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Sat Sep 21, 2013 21:59

Hi Thewitt,
Have you tried some of the suppliers on the Australian and New Zealand Resources page? Might be worth a shot.
Ursula
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 23:51

Tim, our lady Ursula has a good idea there. She's a charm! Click on this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6050
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Thewitt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Thewitt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 03:35

Thank you Ursula and CW, I'll cruise over there right now :)
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 20:41

Hi Thewitt,
The biggest problem with UPS, FEDEX and others like them is, you have to have an account with them otherwise your prices are as quoted. Discounts are available of up to 85% or more for account holders.
Using the Postal Service might be the answer although these rip-off merchants have woken up here as well in regard to charging like wounded bulls.
You might also have a problem with Quarantine at your end if all the correct information is not listed on the documentation.
Nowhere must be listed that collagen casings might contain traces of pork skin etc , all bovine skin derived cases must be supplied with a certificate.
I have a sample I can send you but let me first find out from the post office here if that is possible and what labelling they require.
Cheers,
Jan.