I have decided to go on crusade

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Sep 25, 2013 19:46

CW, I wish the press would spend more time writing articles showing how many of these crimes were performed by repeat offenders who by all rights should still be behind bars rather than villainizing the gun. I think it might wake some people up if people knew the filth we allow to walk the streets.

Check this math out. Life sentence is 21 years. Only have to serve a third of your sentence so you are out in 7. However, if you are incarcerated in a jail cell before your sentence you get 3 days for every day served. Know a guy that spent two years in jail before his court date so at his sentencing he was credited six years for time served.

Another great example happened out your way. Four police officers were shot and killed while eating breakfast. Shooter was supposed to be serving 200 years in 3 different prisons for all sorts of vile stuff including the rape of a 3 month old baby. IMO, the parole board should be drawn and quartered for letting this guy out and they should be held civilly responsible to the families of the slain officers.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Sep 25, 2013 19:46

Murder is a crime that calls for very harsh punishment, an "eye for an eye" kind of thing. Let what happened to the victim happen to the criminal. It's absolutely impossible to parole a dead person. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
DYI Steve

Post by DYI Steve » Wed Sep 25, 2013 20:04

sawhorseray wrote:Murder is a crime that calls for very harsh punishment, an "eye for an eye" kind of thing. Let what happened to the victim happen to the criminal. It's absolutely impossible to parole a dead person. RAY
The current system doesn't work. I think Ray has a plan. America is #1 in the world for incarcerated citizens ! Maybe let sheriff Joe Arpaio run all these country clubs for awhile , might slow down the return rate ?
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Sep 25, 2013 20:07

In all of the mass shootings during the last 12 or 15 years the shooters were first timers. I have advocated reloading pistol cartridges with C-4 and leaving them where they will be stolen.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Sep 25, 2013 20:11

I agree. If someone got me mad enough to take their life then I would have to weigh my desire to quench my anger against the punishment. If I was mad enough I don't think any punishment would stop me but I would know the cost and would expect nothing less than to pay the price. There is no disincentive for crime today. No one is held responsible for their actions. Responsibility is a key component of the price of living in a free society I think. But who am I to talk. What, being I served BBQ pork spare ribs to some soldiers in Afghanistan in celebration of Ramadan and for this I am nothing more than a felon in the eyes of our great all knowing politically correct government.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Sep 25, 2013 20:30

AWWWW Butterbean How could you be so insensitive? lol! :lol: :cool:
Ross- tightwad home cook
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Sep 25, 2013 20:34

ssorllih wrote:In all of the mass shootings during the last 12 or 15 years the shooters were first timers. I have advocated reloading pistol cartridges with C-4 and leaving them where they will be stolen.
I don't think you can protect against a crazy. If its not a gun it would be poison in the water system or something else. Personally, my concern is with the monsters they turn on the street.
DYI Steve

Post by DYI Steve » Thu Sep 26, 2013 06:30

Responsibility is a key component of the price of living in a free society I think.[/quote wrote:
I think ya said it all right there! ..... Way too many people just don't get that !