Off to the High Country

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 22:19

We shot 4 moose & 5 elk this fall, between 7 guys. Deer are for later(until Nov. 30). Lots of good fixings in the freezer. Some sausage has been made by those that do it themselves, and more made by commercial makers. I would not trade!!!! I will be curing and drying some more moose & elk backstraps for the Christmas season again and making some more smoked brats, landjaegers, and jagdwurst. Hopefully they all turn out again.
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 09:31

Hi Rick,
I am so jealous with what you guys shot. At the moment hunting is on the back burner for me but when I am better I intend to make heaps of "Skippy" Smoked Biltong and tell nobody about it just to see what the reaction is after it has been consumed.
FYI, I still have not been able to source any cream without any additives. Crazy!!!!!!
Cheers my friend,
Jan.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Oct 31, 2013 20:02

Just back home, nothing, nada, zip, zilch, seasons over for me. Running VERY low on hog sausage, Canadian bacon, maple-honey bacon, and even hipshot burgers. Back in the saddle, my favorite time of year for grinding, stuffing, brining, and smoking. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”