"Sheep casings"

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

"Sheep casings"

Post by Krakowska » Fri Oct 25, 2013 16:58

Just one of those rant days. Originally from Buffalo NY (7 years ago) was going to buy some sheep casings while up there at the Sausage Maker. Price is out of sight. 54 bucks for 20-22 mm casings. OK so I bring back with me 10 lbs of Sahlens Natural Sheep Casing hot dogs. Here in Buffalo this is the Filet Mignon of hot dogs. So in a 5 lb bag I get 30 sheep casing dogs at roughly 6 inches apiece 180 in/ 15 feet of casings. I paid 23 bucks for a box of hot dogs (2, 5lb bags). So I get the casings and a finished product. My rant is there is one hell of a markup of these casings!!!! Sure would like to know how much the meat packer pays for the wholesale price and wonder if we could figure out a way to make it more affordable for us.

Just a note, went to Vegas a couple of years a go with wife and brought 2 5 lb bags with us on the plane for My wife's aunt and uncle. It got Us 2 lobster dinners for the dogs!!!! lol :lol:

Just one of those days. Fred
Keep them safe until they all come home.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Oct 26, 2013 04:35

:mrgreen: I can just see it now - - "The gentleman bets five pounds of hot dogs on black 18."
( ...roulette wheel spins.....)
Croupier goes for the dogs, but is too late as hungry patrons dive onto the table.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.