Anyone like to share where they live?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26

Usula, how long does the scent last? I'm sure it's something you look forward to every year.

Where in South America were you?

I just looked on a census from 2011 (can't find anything newer) and it says around 52,000. My husband disagrees and says it's more like 80,000... I'm a freelance graphic designer and originally from Michigan.
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 16:50

Ursula - I agree the snow can be Magical and Beautiful if you can stay home and enjoy it - but a nightmare if you commute in it etc. I really don't get tried of it but my favorite time of the year is Spring when everything starts coming back to life and the trees and Flowers are starting to Bloom.

DelNorte - You have a job waiting for you - I will relinquish my Shovel Gladly :mrgreen: I would love to take a trip down to South America one day! The Area you live in is beautiful love the Shot of the Stone Fence and that tree screams treehouse to me or at least climbing up in it and enjoying the surrounding views!

In the area I'm in its is common to get several Snow falls during the year but it usually doesn't stay around for an extended period of time. Being Located right on the Border of the Ohio River Valley cause some Crazy Temperature swings from one day to the next! A good example is yesterday it snowed about 3 to 5 inches with the Temps. in the 35 to 40 Degree Range and last night it was minus 1 degree with a wind chill down to -17 and as I type this my computer says it 5 degrees and the forecasted high of 22 degrees (note: Temperature is Fahrenheit)

Chuckwagon - That Picture reminds me of some of the snow falls in the Upper Peninsula of my Home State of Michigan!

John
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Wed Jan 22, 2014 20:25

Chuckwagon - I have to second John's comment on the snow. A place called Marquette is known for it's being cold and getting a lot of lake effect snow dumped on them. Some tough people live up there! ... heck of a photo, though, and JOHN I'm not shoveling that much snow from your drive and deck!!!
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Thu Jan 23, 2014 01:32

S-s-s-so hur-hur-hurry with that hot saus-saus-sausage already! It's colder'n one of Chuckwagon's biscuits out here.
...an' pass th' brown gar---Hey! What is this? Chocolate ice cream?
(...takes a lick.) Ptui! ...frozen coffee-like substance. ...maybe muddy water from the "Green" River. Aack!
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 03:55

Buck Up Duk! Buck Up! You've got to be tough to live in the west! :roll:
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Thu Jan 23, 2014 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Thu Jan 23, 2014 15:18

I am in a slightly warmer part of the world .......
Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 19:01

Geeezzzeee! Your cow critters have tusks! :shock: Your cowboys must have to use mighty wide loops to rope 'em eh? And what it that on the spit? I see you even barbecue the tail! That sunset is incredible. Thanks for sharing Sambal.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Thu Jan 23, 2014 23:50

Hi Sambal,
So glad you posted! What an interesting part of the world you live in. Those sunsets are just amazing. And is that you in the boat?
Love to see more photos
Ursula
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Thu Jan 23, 2014 23:50

And your dog is almost human!
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Jan 24, 2014 00:41

Judging by the posture of the elephant it looks like he may have appreciated a bit more privacy. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Fri Jan 24, 2014 01:06

Is that a real elephant? Or a statue?
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 09:27

Ursula, That's a real one, alive and kicking!! Just having a clean up in the river.
I bet the Government is guarding them rather well, too many trigger happy loons about trying to export their ivory.
Cheers,
Jan.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Jan 24, 2014 21:29

To my way of thinking there are only a couple of circumstances that would cause a large male elephant to be standing on his hind feet, bathing doesn't come to mind. One cause would involve being employed by the circus, the other, well just use a bit of imagination. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jan 25, 2014 02:10

We have been getting a little snow lately but now the forecasters have gone mad. The forecast for tomorrow is 1.32 inches. Like you can measure nice fluffy snow to two decimal places!!
Ross- tightwad home cook
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 03:31

We don't have two raindrops to rub together out here. It is shaping up to be the worst drought year since weather started being recorded in CA.