Some of my cooks

Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Some of my cooks

Post by Gray Goat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 08:37

Just a few pics from some of my cooks over the past year.
Some tasty brisket
Smokin the bologna
Loin backs
A couple of butts ready to pull
My home made offset, I love the way these things cook :mrgreen:

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 09:01

Hi Goat Man,
Wow, terrific pics. You are no doubt a master craftsman building an offset smoker like that. It's incredible... but I'm probably going to steal it! :roll: Hey, it sounds like you've got a boy in college eh? Are you going to smoke him some brisket for spring break? Can he make ribs look like you do?

You will have a lot to discuss with CrankyBuzzard on the BBQ forum. If you guys ever get together, you could cook up one heck of a great party eh? Thanks for sharing your photos GrayGoat. Very nice!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Thu Feb 24, 2011 19:22

That bologna looks delish. I love a nice think cut bologna sammy every now and again. Nice job!
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 20:53

Thanks Chuckwagon, I am planning on some Corned Beef for St. Paddy's day, some brisket chili and a few other things while he is home. As far as ribs go, he would still rather be on the eatin end instead of the cookin :smile: I agree that if Cranky and me hooked up it would be a great party, he is a true master of his craft.

Thanks Dave Zac, I loves me a bologna sammie too, fried up on a bun with a little home made mustard sauce and I'm a happy man
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 06:12

Hey Gray Goat,
In Niels` city of Melbourne, the Docklands Stadium, (also called the Etihad Stadium), actually has a retractable roof! Shucks, we could "appropriate" a herd of cows, pinch a flock of sheep, and pilfer enough piggies to make barbecue for our 1st birthday party of our site for all our 104 members! Shucks, you and Cranky Buzzard could handle the smoke, Unclebuck, Steelchef, and Trosky could truck in the beer, and I could teach DaveZac, Siara, Darthfrog, Tacklebox, Toolman, Malgos, and Maxell how to rustle cows! The entertainment could possibly consist of dancing on the tabletops by Big Guy, Blackriver, Maz, Palace Hill, Salmonclubber, and anyone else we can perhaps intimidate! We could throw a heck of a birthday bash by the time the Australian police tossed us all in the hoosgow! I haven't forgotten anyone, I'm just gettin' too tired to keep on typin'. What do you think?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 17:44

dancing on the tabletops by Big Guy, Blackriver, Maz, Palace Hill, Salmonclubber,
I,m in !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Feb 26, 2011 22:48

OK! I've already bought the Fosters; when do we start?
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Feb 26, 2011 23:03

Hey Gray Goat,

Your results look fabulous! That is an amazing aparatus. Did you build it yourself? If so, do you have plans that you would consider selling?
I'm happy with my improvised smoker but would like to spend more time on BBQ'ing this season. With so much time on my hands, it looks like something I could tackle, (with a little help.) My Scottish heritage (and my wife) will not allow me to part with 5 large for a factory built unit.

Take care,

Colin
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 01:58

Thanks steelchef and yes I did build it my self, I am fortunate in that I have access to a fab shop at work :smile: I have no interest in selling anything but I would love to give you some plan ideas and whatever help I can provide :wink: I will see what I can dig up and get in touch with you with a PM
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Sun Feb 27, 2011 02:56

Great looking cook Gray Goat!

Wouldn't it be fun if we COULD get everyone here together for a cook?

I have a feeling I've seen a couple of pics of your creations on another web site as well, yes sir, we could definitely put on a feed bag!

Now, about that bologna, that happens to be a favorite of my fathers. Whenever I cook out at his place I always have a log of bologna on there for the 2 of us to snack on as the cook progresses overnight.

Charlie
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 02:26

Thanks Charlie, the whole bologna idea was actually "Alien" inspired :wink: It is so easy but people really seem to love the stuff :lol:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 06:38

Hey Gray Goat,
How about posting your recipe for bologna? Is there a bit of history behind it? I've got Rytek's recipe from 1965. I remember being surprised at just how much mustard he put in the stuff. Back then, emulsifiying meat was only done professionally by large companies. A few home hobbyists were just learning about "gear driven" food processors.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 07:35

Chuckwagon, the bologna I use is store bought for now and I hope to develop my skills so I can some day make emusified sausage. Right now I think it's a bit over my head, but I'm learning :smile:

Wayne