smoke house with fire box pit

king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

smoke house with fire box pit

Post by king kabanos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 20:15

Can someone please give me some good advise on a smoker pipe? I am building a smoke house and the dimensions on it are about 3 ft for the width and the height is 6ft. whats a good smoke pipe that is cheap and works really good? i have seen a six inch by 10ft galvanized pipe for 60 bucks but that is a little pricey for me. so can someone please give me some good advise on buying a good smoke pipe that i can put a 90 degree piece on the end of it . i am going to build a separate fire pit made of fire bricks and going to place it in the ground and have the pipe fun and a slight angle straight and then put the 90 degree piece on the pipe to the smoke house. so someone please help!!!!!! ohh yea i am going to have a little pipe coming out the top of it so the smoke can come out i guess thats the chimney , now is that a damper or what if not what is it.
Last edited by king kabanos on Mon Jul 01, 2013 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jun 14, 2012 20:25

You can buy galvanized heating duct pipe and fittings at almost any building supply company. I use a section of galvanized downspout for my smoke stack. Image
Ross- tightwad home cook