Cold/Hot smoker in one

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47

Huckleberry my man, that is beautiful work. Just gorgeous. I am so jealous I could spit! I really like how the shelves are super adjustable. The wheels and portability are great. Your venturi setup is inspirational. Very nice pal. You're going to get a lot of comments on this one. Heck of a nice job.
P.S. Keep it away from Ross. He'll spray it with red enamel and paint flames on it! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Dec 20, 2012 14:46

You are never gonna run short of space in there. If it were mine I would have to paint it green with bushes and flowers so that it would blend in with the yard. A very nice set up.
Ross- tightwad home cook
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 19:56

Huck,
A great outfit, CONGRATULATIONS, it just goes to show that you can make nearly anything if you have the will power, brains, time and materials available.
The shelf adjustment slots are great in your bread proofer. Versatility!!! but of course, they need a lot of cleaning once in a while, but then, who cares if you are proud of the end results.
I bet you will get a lot of PM's about this post.
Cheers Mate,
Jan.
huckelberry
User
User

venturi Hot/Cold smoker

Post by huckelberry » Fri Dec 21, 2012 07:13

Crusty, That's the other nice part, the adjustment slots are able to be unbolted with four bolts each side and slide right out then sprayed down with oven cleaner and hosed down.
Super easy. The best part is I fount the proofer at a second hand store and was able to get it for 40 dollars. In my book that is a steel. So I kinda lucked up all the way around on this one. Not much skill involved.
Good thing for me. Not much skill available. LOL
Thanks guys :grin:
Don't take life to seriously.
You're not getting out of it alive!
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Dec 21, 2012 08:14

I have been searching for a proofer for over a year. You sure did steal the thing! Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing pics of it in action.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28

Red,
I you want to source a stainless bread proofer, go to a bakery supply business. I bet that they have plenty trade-ins available, some can be repaired but most of them are too expensive to fix so are sold for scrap stainless really.
This is the scenario here of course but would be the same in Canada or anywhere really.
Good Luck,
Jan.