My MK4 smoker is almost there

markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03

The forecast was a bit out (they said it would hit 27 degrees). Anyway it hit 34 degrees C or 93.2 degrees F. This is the top end of our summer temperatures (February is the warmest driest month of the year). This is way to hot for smoking. Let alone for me. it is 11.45 pm and it is 24 degrees C. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to pack a sad, max 17 degrees, rain in the morning clearing late morning. I will fire up the MK4. I have 2.5 kg of loin bacon, 1 kg of lamb pastrami and 1 kg of Chorizo to smoke.

Mark

Ps. We live in a strange world. After my rant on the lack of communication from the powers that be I had a phone call today. Basically It sound like my house will have t be rebuilt. However, before before that happens my insures (who I cannot praise enough) have to drill a core sample of my land. This will indicate the type of foundations that are needed, This will occur in the next 3-6 months. I have started writing an essay on my earthquake experience. I am finding it a very cathartic experience. When I finish I my post it online.
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Pictures

Post by markjass » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25

Have borrowed a camera. The picture shows about quarter of the amount of Loin bacon, Lamb pastrami and Chorizo sausages that I smoked. I need to make a couple of minor modifications next time I smoke.

tazplas
User
User

Post by tazplas » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45

Hey

Looks good Mark
Bacon looks good (just like i make) but i would like to try the Lamb Pastrami and definitely the Chorizo is on the list as well.

How's the Smokai running?

Cheers

Steve
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

My last adaption is almost there.

Post by markjass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 01:07

I bought this stove at a garage sale. The first time I used it I could not get the temperature above 45 degrees C. I realised that it was not insulated enough. A a few days later I wondered if I could use the wind shield for my tramping stove. It fitted and I was able to moderate the temperature from 40 degrees C up to 110. All I need to do now is make it look more aesthetically pleasing. In the long run (after my house is sorted) I may try to make a ring out of engineering bricks to support my smoker.